Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Weak flop with QQ

Hi. I am posting this because some of my friends thinks this play was really bad. I disagree and now I'm asking here to see what you guys think.

The converter got a little messed up, sorry for that it is my first post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 100$ BB (6 handed)
UTG ($224.35)
MP ($104.76)
CO ($100.10)
Button ($170.70)
Hero ($70.40)
BB ($37.02)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, Q.

UTG calls $1, Hero raises to 6$, CO raises to $12, 1 fold, Hero (poster) calls $6, BB folds, UTG folds. SB folds.

Flop: ($26) 5c, 10h, 8d (2 players)
Hero bets $20,CO moves all in (88$).

Hero?

My reads on Villian is a TAG but I think he just wanted me to fold. I put him on AK/AQ but never a AA/KK. Perhaps this is a foolish play so please correct me.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Weak flop with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on AK/AQ but never a AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is totally read dependent and since this is your read (any thought that he might have a set?), call is the only advice I will give you. If you were wrong, then you just got a hand reading lesson.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:36 AM

You think he's tag but that he's min-raising pf and raising all-in on that flop with AK/AQ? You better be very sure of that read.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:22 AM

Well, I might post the results here anyway as I got alot of PM's. He had AKo and hit the A on the river.Was it a good call?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I might post the results here anyway as I got alot of PM's. He had AKo and hit the A on the river.Was it a good call?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you got all your money in the middle when you were a strong favorite to win? You played it g00t. Your friends should be razzing villain for his donkish play.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you got all your money in the middle when you were a strong favorite to win? You played it g00t. Your friends should be razzing villain for his donkish play.

[/ QUOTE ]

hope my sarcasm detector is broken otherwise that's a terrible way to look at it :|
Old 12-05-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hope my sarcasm detector is broken otherwise that's a terrible way to look at it :|

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dead serious. You made the corect read and went with it. Poker is about making correct decisions. The final outcome is immateral. You played that hand well. Anyone who tells you otherwise is being a nit or doesn't play poker very g00t.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:19 PM

i think that since you're short and have half your stack in the middle it should be a pretty easy call to make.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that since you're short and have half your stack in the middle it should be a pretty easy call to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, unless you know villain has either AA or KK you are never laying this down.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 PM

I would fold this.

Why do you put him squarely on AK/AQ?

Edit: I didn't see you were short. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] This swings it to a call, IMO.

Dumle