Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-29-2005, 01:41 PM

Default \"REBUY!\"

Pokerroom 10K guaranteed. 20+2. Unlimited rebuys. Second level in the rebuy period. I've already cut my 3000 (rebought immediately) in half and doubled it back, first with straight v flush, then set v overpair. Villain rebought to start and hasn't done much since.

Seat 1 Hero SB ($3,330 in chips) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Seat 2: BB ($3,145 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG ($1,000 in chips)
Seat 4: UTG+1 ($960 in chips)
Seat 5: UTG+2 ($1,550 in chips)
Seat 6: MP1 ($1,810 in chips)
Seat 7: MP2 ($100 in chips)
Seat 8: MP3 ($3,120 in chips)
Seat 9: CO ($1,560 in chips)
Seat 10: Button ($1,425 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
Hero posts blind ($15), BB posts blind ($30).

PRE-FLOP
2 limpers to Villain, who raises to $325 (!), fold, fold, Hero calls (?). Everyone folds. We're headsup.

(T710) FLOP 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets $550, Villain calls $550.

The combination of the too large preflop raise and then just the call on the flop leads me to think there's a good chance he doesn't have a big pair, but to be honest I'm a little confused.

(T1810) Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I have ~2500 left, Villain has ~2300.
Now what?

I chose what i think is the best turn line but I want to hear a few opinions before I post it and my reasoning.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: \"REBUY!\"

$3.30 rebuy, pot sized bet, get him to call. you have an over pair in a rebuy. players will play any draw, any pair (even bottom pair). If your behind, then so be it, but value betting in a rebuy is a must, donk play galore in these. Too unpredictable to put any player in a rebuy on ANY range of hands (just because he hasnt done much since his buyin, does not mean he has a monster, even though it may suggest he's not playing bottom pair).
Old 11-29-2005, 02:00 PM

Just to clarify this is a $22, not a $3.30. Pokerroom tourneys have fewer players so the guaranteed pools are relatively smaller. Plus there's almost never an overlay. 350 runners in this one, so the 10K gets cleared quick. Probably doesn't make much difference.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:02 PM

Put it all in. If you lose on the river when his AK-AJ/KQ-KJ pairs, oh well.

The massively oversized PFR in the early levels usually seems to mean big non-pair. They think they have a good hand, but they always seem to get outdrawn, so they want to blow everybody out (and win a whopping 45).

Quite possible also he believes the pot is rightfully his no matter what his cards, just because he made the first move at it. He has J2o and will battle to the felt with it, because you're just trying to steal it from him.

In the early levels on Pokerroom you're way ahead way more often in this spot than you're running into AA-JJ. Maybe a steal that made some freaky flop catch, but I suspect if Villain really had a hand he wouldn't have been able to resist raising you on the flop.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:07 PM

actually it does, at least to my bankroll. thanks for the clarification. was thinking this was stars 10k.