Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 09:50 PM

Default nb question

what types of hands are right to complete and or raise from the sb when it's folded to you against an unknown
Old 11-29-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: nb question

I raise with anything that I deem "pretty" against a tight to semi-loose player, and raise with hands that I'm a favorite against (K high, etc...) against a loose player. I only complete with small semi-connected cards, preferably against loose passive players that won't try to bully me around. Hope that helps!

-Kyle
Old 11-29-2005, 10:38 PM

I've also been wondering lately what hands people would open-complete in the SB with. That is, if anyone ever does that. I hate to give up my blinds with any hand getting 3:1. Seems like any easy call, but you could get raised and are then out of position.

I'm looking forward to the discussion here.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:25 PM

Kind of my same thinking, in those situations I hate to just fold a hand like 10,5 getting good odds, but it's trash and I find I get raised a fair amount if I try to complete, if it ever folded to the blinds very often in full ring, I just got up and found a new table. It's happeneing a lot more to me trying to learn 6-max