Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 04:27 PM

Default A weird AJ hand

SB here is 30/24/28 after 300 hands, CO is 24/20/2.2 after 150.

Is preflop standard, or bad because the PRF was prety TAGgy? What hands do you think SB could cap the flop and then check the turn with? Should I bet here? I was afraid of a check raise. Is the river bet ok? I assume you are paying off a check raise if it happens, but will almost always lose.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 11-05-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: A weird AJ hand

Preflop is pretty standard, especially if he has you pegged as a TAG. In that case, his range is going to include a bunch of aces, pairs, some K's, and maybe even a couple Q's.

I bet the turn. If he pulls a cap/c/r move on me, I definitely make a note, but this seems really rare. I can't imagine what he was afraid of, or what he had, but I bet if checked to and then curse if raised. I probably call down a raise because the action is so weird and I'm bad and I'm confused and there's a decent pot.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:40 PM

I am pretty sure you gotta bet the turn.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:43 PM

Preflop is super standard, I think you played it fine by checking behind on the turn. The lead/cap is a very strong statement on a board with only one real draw. I like just getting to a showdown if possible.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands do you think SB could cap the flop and then check the turn with?

[/ QUOTE ]

A much-too hopeful 99? K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? I'm really reaching here. K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? A7s?
Old 11-05-2005, 08:48 PM

you played this fine. don't bet the turn. It looks like a c/r attempt and I'd hate to put in 3 more bets. I'd probably fold to the c/r. Plus by checking the turn, you invite him to fire on the river regardless of holding.