Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A5s
Auto-fold 27 62.79%
3-bet only maniacs or people on tilt 12 27.91%
3-bet LAGs or oportunistic blind stealers 3 6.98%
Automatic 3-bet 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: OOP v. cold-calling TAG

I never cold-call with any of these hands. Maybe that's why I'm so confused when another 'reasonable' player does it. I can possibly see it if you're fishing for a set with a mid/small pair and you expect 4+ players to take the flop, but Is there really a good reason to call with these suited K's and Q's? If you think you've got enough equity to play these against my range why aren't you 3-betting? You want to encourage the button and blinds to come along?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never cold-call with any of these hands. Maybe that's why I'm so confused when another 'reasonable' player does it. I can possibly see it if you're fishing for a set with a mid/small pair and you expect 4+ players to take the flop, but Is there really a good reason to call with these suited K's and Q's? If you think you've got enough equity to play these against my range why aren't you 3-betting? You want to encourage the button and blinds to come along?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold calling is a huge mistake that is often done by even "good" players. You should know this.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 AM

Right. The poll asked posters in this forum to report which hands they would cold-call in the given situation. I'm not sure who responded to the poll, but apparently there are serveral players around here who think cold-calling QJs is a good idea. Anyone who responded to the poll care to denfend this idea?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Right. The poll asked posters in this forum to report which hands they would cold-call in the given situation. I'm not sure who responded to the poll, but apparently there are serveral players around here who think cold-calling QJs is a good idea. Anyone who responded to the poll care to denfend this idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the people cold calling with KQs or AJs! You don't need them to defend their opinion, just label them wrong!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: i see demons

I agree that checking the flop was a mistake, but I feel like I've lost all fold equity by now. I suspect I'm up against a pair, set or straight 1/3.75 times, so I am again reluctant to bet. The pot is tiny and the button is likely to check behind again, so it can't be a huge mistake to check again, can it?

And yes, my skirt is rather nice isn't it?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that checking the flop was a mistake, but I feel like I've lost all fold equity by now. I suspect I'm up against a pair, set or straight 1/3.75 times, so I am again reluctant to bet. The pot is tiny and the button is likely to check behind again, so it can't be a huge mistake to check again, can it?

And yes, my skirt is rather nice isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get how you think your flop check was a mistake, but then you think that their range on the turn is what you say it is. How have their ranges changed?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:59 AM

I would have been getting great odds on the flop, UTG could easily be holding a 6 or 8, and I now have one only card left to improve.