Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Strange WSOP hand

Blinds 200-400. I started with 15,000 chips. One limper to me in big blind. I check 6 10 suited. Flop A 10 6. I check. Big stack with 1,272,402,308,978 million chips bets 1500. I check raise to 4,500. Limper calls. Turn is a Q completing the rainbow. I bet 7,000. Mondo stack calls. River is a queen and I vomit in my mouth. I'm now counterfeited and can't beat any Ace. I now have less than 3,000 in chips, no fold equity, and a counterfeited 2 pair. I mentally resign myself to rebuilding my stack from 3,000. I check and big stack checks. Big stack checks and shows K10 and we split the pot. He called a check raise and a 7,000 turn bet with middle pair. I guess I have no point other than poker is a crazy ride. On the river I had written the pot off as lost and was delighted to win half the pot. 10 seconds later I was pissed that he was drawing that light and got there. If he would have gone allin on the river I would have been forced to fold. BTW, I had just moved to the table and later found out that he was a maniac - he is one of the chip leaders of the tourney.