Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: What about a 2+2 \"league\" for WSOP 2006 seats?

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested, however, if I were to run such a league I would do it so we ran sats to a $500 or $1000 '2+2 main event' which people could buy in directly and run a $30+$1 satellite or $50. For a once a month tourney we could probably easily get 2 seats a month into the main event sat and likely give away a few $12,000 packages.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

i think more ppl would be interested in playing smaller tournaments (i.e. $20 @ 100 ppl, take out x% for the tlb). if i want to play a 1k satellite to the wsop, i'd certainlly be able to find something better than a 2+2 tourney, and i think most ppl here would have that attitude. on the other hand, the smaller tournaments not only reward the players for playing that specific tournament, but there is also the incentive of playing each week, consistent performance, bla bla etc.

also, i'm sure you could probably convince one of the sites out there to help out/setup/hold $ for this type of thing
Old 10-14-2005, 02:48 PM

This sounds like it would be tough to pull off, but I would definitely be interested if we could get something off the ground.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like it would be tough to pull off, but I would definitely be interested if we could get something off the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same boat
Old 10-14-2005, 03:22 PM

I'm in for this. No doubt.

Peace

Goodie
Old 10-14-2005, 03:33 PM

I think it is a great idea and I would definitly play. What site is it going to be on. I suggest P Stars.

Cars
Old 10-14-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id do it if I was 21...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2005, 03:48 PM

I think the biggest issue people have with WSOP stuff as run by the various sites is the large field (usually) right? Especially proportional to the buy in. Therefore, the advantage of a 2+2 tourney could be lower buy in and less people (but also steeper payout).

What about a weekly $100 buy in, capped at 550 people? That means a 55k prizepool, with 4 seats (at 12k each), and divide up 7k among 6 people. This is more or less how a regular 100+9 on party ends up (its usually a smaller field I think, but whatever).

I think it would be cool to keep it private until an hour before it starts. I don't know if this is possible on stars , but set the conditions of the tourney to be capped at 550, password protect it until an hour before, then let anyone in.

I don't see a problem in letting fish in, as long as those 2+2ers who want to get in, do. Why not let them contribute a little? The key is to make sure the cap is there. It could theoretically fill with 2+2ers anyway.

Running sats would be cool too.

Obviously we could play with the numbers, but the idea is just to reward the final table.

edit: Oh yeah, and since we get to set the rules right? Definatly needs to be at least 2k to start and 20 minute levels or something.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:54 PM

benneh - my idea was to have tournaments for the Main Event or for the prelim events. We can do either, I was just saying "dependng on the interest". If lots of people want to do it for Main event seat, let's roll. If not, we can give out prelim event seats.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:57 PM

keep the idea's coming and I'll start working on making this happen.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:01 PM

Dave D, I don't think your idea is bad at all, but my only concern would be getting enough 2+2 people to play $100 events each week. If we get 30 2+2er's and 400 other people, what's really the point?

You can find sats to the WSOP all over the place. I was just thinking a "league" or leaderboard type thing for 2+2er's only would be really cool. Almost like having our own little tour, with WSOP seats on the line at the end.