Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Two Plus Two Get Togethers

Christ.. that's like 10 days.

How did you convince your wife to stay for so long?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:57 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
Christ.. that's like 10 days.

How did you convince your wife to stay for so long?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the trip was actually her idea. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] She visited there for a couple of days to meet up with family from California last spring, and she wanted to go again and spend more time there. Originally, we were going to go for a week, since the company I work for (HP) has a 1-week shutdown around Christmas each year (we have to burn 3 vacation days whether we like it or not, and we get 2 holidays for Christmas), and this year, it runs from the 27th through the 3rd (the 3rd being the New Year's Day holiday, since it falls on the weekend this year). But then we decided to take the 1st week in Jan. off and return on the 5th (actually the 6th, since we'll be taking a redeye back to Boston), which leaves us with a few days to recover from the jet lag, etc.

We won't be gambling the whole time, though she does like the slots and is trying to get good enough at video poker to stand a decent chance of making a profit. I'm planning on a small poker tourney or two, plus some ring games if my BR holds up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 02:19 PM

I'll be there over Super Bowl weekend. If anyone else is there I'd love to meet up and say thanks for all the information this forum has done for my poker game. Plus I wouldn't mind railbirding for a while to see how the game is really played!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We won't be gambling the whole time, though she does like the slots

[/ QUOTE ]

10 days of slots? Heh.. Looks like She will be giving vegas a christmas present.

Anyway, hope you have a good time. Hopefully you can win enough to offset your wife's losses. Although who knows, she could win a jackpot.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re:...just for the record (Happy Birthday!)

...my previous reply was in gest...Happy 21st birthday and have a great time in Vegas!

KC

[ QUOTE ]
You can come to my house and we'll play heads up for whatever stakes that pleasure you.

No rake, good food and drink and quality dealers.

And BTW, cash only.

KC

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-10-2004, 03:23 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We won't be gambling the whole time, though she does like the slots

[/ QUOTE ]

10 days of slots? Heh.. Looks like She will be giving vegas a christmas present.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! No, it won't be 10 days of slots, if I have to tie her up and leave her in the room! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Seriously, though, we're planning some day trips and other activities besides gambling, and we're going to be very careful when we do gamble (strict budget, no trips to the ATM to refuel).

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, hope you have a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully you can win enough to offset your wife's losses. Although who knows, she could win a jackpot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Not holding my breath, though.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone organizes anything in Las Vegas, let me know and I'll try to show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party at Mason's? Who's bringing the pony keg?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 PM

you need some gorgotron repellant.

rj
Old 12-10-2004, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason,

Bicyclekick, Gonores and I are planning a Vegas trip most likely Jan 02-06. It'd be a very great honor to get to shake the hand of one of the people who've been the most influential in turning me into a winning poker player (and maybe sit at a table with if you are there playing anything under 50/100 or 60/120ish if it's a great game!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets DOIT!

hehe, yeah it'd be great to meet up with some people. Perhaps we'll run into a few at the mirage 20/40 or 40/80 anyhow?

I hate asking people if they're 2+2ers...but perhaps I will anyhow.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:17 PM

Are you sure we can't get out there for new year's? I mean, I can challenge Mason to a drinking contest on January 3rd, but it would be soooo much cooler to get Mason to "lampshade-on-the-head" level of drunkeness on New Year's Eve.

[ QUOTE ]
turning me into a winning poker player

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...you sure about that?