Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 02:21 PM

Default bluffing thabadguy

Party 5/10. I'm playing a little too fast with the appearance of being on tilt, it's probably the alcohol, but I don't think I've reached lunatic status yet, I have had to reload a few times, thabadguy has been reraising my preflop raises a fair amount but we aren't really gunning for each other.

I open in CO for 35 with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], badguy reraises to 120ish. His reraising hand range is normally tight against most (i.e. AK), but against me and the way I'm playing his reraising range is probably almost as bad as my opening range. I call.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets 200, I move in (5-600 more for him to call).

Thoughts later.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: bluffing thabadguy

Its probably not a good move. If he thinks your drunk or has seen you reload, he will be more prone to call. I think based on your image as you described it this is a bad play. If you had a more tagish image it might be worth a try. I also think this move is done with far better success rate live where you can get a read and or emulate great strength. Online people are call happy especially against someone who has re-bought a few times....
Old 10-20-2005, 02:47 PM

Has he been raising you from the blinds loosely also?

How have you been responding to his re-raises?

I assume that he continuation bets here 90%+ of the time?

If you haven't been defending against his re-raises, then I don't think I like it. It just looks so much like you're trying to make a move. In this case, I think he'll call you down with most decent Aces, particularly if he has a heart to back it up.

If you have been, and a few pots have played out normally, I think that it has a lot more merit, since he would have to give you more credit.

I don't think you can represent AA/KK here, since you would probably re-raise PF given his wide range. AK, AQ, AJ however, are very possible, particularly with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

It's a pretty scary board for anybody who doesn't have a heart, and lots of hands don't have hearts, and I don't think he can call you down with a K or worse, either.

So.. I guess in short, I'm saying that you probably have decent fold equity, considering his huge range PF, but I think that history determines whether or not it's high enough to be worth it.

When you're called, you're drawing to 2 outs and are facing a redraw a lot of the time.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:54 PM

I suppose I should add that most of the time he reraised I would fold, or if I did call I'd mostly muck to his flop continuation bet. If I raised and there were players between us his reraise would be more credible (obviously), heads up though he doesn't need much to isolate. With this all in I figure he would fold all pairs, Kx, and most aces, unless he held a big heart with it (thought he might call with AQo). He obviously isn't folding twopair/set/any flush...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but against me and the way I'm playing his reraising range is probably almost as bad as my opening range

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like this move for this one reason. I wouldnt make this move unless I can put someone on a hand. nh anyway. Hope you sucked out or made him fold his queens or jacks.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:05 PM

I normally open with any two until I've either gotten action or established an image or the blinds have made it clear that they aren't for sale. Badguy knows this too, so it's perfectly reasonable for him to reraise with any sc, pair, ace, two big cards, Kxs etc.... It just so happens that I acually have a real hand here that was my point....
Old 10-20-2005, 03:30 PM

I like it if your hand has a better draw to it such as Qx10h,QxJh,KxQh, TxTh etc. I don't know the math side of this but I don't believe you have enough equity here to make this profitable especially against someone like thabadguy who has a ton of gamble in him.

And not for nuthin but why are you drinking while playing? wtf?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he's overrolled for the game and it's fun?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't drinking per se, I was having a drink. You know how in college you put a few ice cubes in a scotch glass and fill the rest up to the top with liquor, but you can handle it cause well you are in college, well now I'm out of undergrad, don't drink nearly as often/much and can't handle it, so I was at the end of this glass when this hand went down...
Old 10-20-2005, 05:56 PM

didnt read post;

[ QUOTE ]
Re: bluffing thabadguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible/neg ev, gaurunteed.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]