Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (6/10)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the cardroom has the rule that the floorman is allowed to remedy unusual situations to protect the integrity of the game ... The floorman should ask seat six to write down what his cards were, and not allow anyone to see it except the floorman The floorman should then instruct the dealer to retrieve them from the muck. If the cards match, play continues. If not, seat six loses everything including the $900 bet, but is allowed to murder the dealer without penalty.

The hard-nosed decision is that seat six loses everything. However, I don't think players should have to be too worried about the dealer stealing their cards from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is absolutely the right call. I've seen floormen do this at least three times at Bay 101, and no one ever complained. Players should not have to be worried that the dealer is in cahoots with one of the players. The floorman should make whatever ruling is most likely to give the result that would have happened if the dealer had not screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem i see with taking the cards out of the muck is that the muck could be alot of cards. What happens if seat 1 is dishonest and tries to gamble his way into a bigger hand. Lets say this happened after the turn (dont know what denny's question was)and he had top two pair, kings and aces; and the board is A 10 Q K rainbow . granted, a pretty weak all in with that board. but a dishonest seat 1 can claim he had K J instead of the A K he actually had, gambling that the floorperson will find a J in the muck to replace his Ace. possible? or am i missing something?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:51 PM

That may be Denny's answer, but it's certainly not the CORRECT answer. The reason for rules is to protect the integrity of the game. But you can't think of everything. When the dealer just reaches over and confiscates a player's hand in a big pot, the floorman is obligated to try to make things right.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:52 PM

making things right = 2x4 to the skull
Old 06-10-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the cardroom has the rule that the floorman is allowed to remedy unusual situations to protect the integrity of the game ... The floorman should ask seat six to write down what his cards were, and not allow anyone to see it except the floorman The floorman should then instruct the dealer to retrieve them from the muck. If the cards match, play continues. If not, seat six loses everything including the $900 bet, but is allowed to murder the dealer without penalty.

The hard-nosed decision is that seat six loses everything. However, I don't think players should have to be too worried about the dealer stealing their cards from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is absolutely the right call. I've seen floormen do this at least three times at Bay 101, and no one ever complained. Players should not have to be worried that the dealer is in cahoots with one of the players. The floorman should make whatever ruling is most likely to give the result that would have happened if the dealer had not screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem I seee with taking the cards out of the muck is that the muck could be alot of cards. What happens if seat 1 is dishonest and tries to gamble his way into a bigger hand. Lets say this happened after the turn (dont know what denny's question was)and he had top two pair, kings and aces; and the board is A 10 Q K rainbow . granted, a pretty weak all in with that board. but a dishonest seat 1 can claim he had K J instead of the A K he actually had, gambling that the floorperson will find a J in the muck to replace his K. possible? or am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

The player did not initiate the trouble. There is no reason to assume he is going to try to cheat. As I said, I've seen a situation like this come up three times at Bay 101. Every time, the floorman was able to retreive the cards from the muck, and there was no doubt in anyone's mind that the hand proceded exactly as it should have. No one complained.

The other ruling would cause a lot of ill will. Besides, it's just not right.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:59 PM

What I thought it was settled already.

End of story.

Next question.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:00 PM

What is the proper tip size for a winning pot in a cash game?

Thanks,

Joe
Chicago

Default Q: how does one instantly lose all credibility?

A: admit to a crush on Phil Gordon.

Link for announcers
Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the proper tip size for a winning pot in a cash game?

Thanks,

Joe

They give them from 1$ to 2$.

Depending on the size of Pot but that's normal.
Chicago

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-10-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Q: how does one instantly lose all credibility?

admit to wanting to marrying him for that matter.

obviously because he is a billionaire.