Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Reno/Tahoe Action

I'm heading out to Tahoe for a reunion on June 13th. I'm wondering if I should go on saturday and play poker for the two days prior. Are there any good games worth playing in the Reno/Tahoe area. I looked at the directory on pokerpages, and almost everything seemed too small stakes. I'd be interested in NL games $100-500 buy in, limit up to 10/20 and maybe tournies <=$500.

I'd love some advice from anyone who has played there recentely.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Reno/Tahoe Action

Harvey's in South Lake spreads a 10-20 Half-kill to 15-30 whenever the pot gets over 150$. I'd say its killed about 50% of the time, which means the previous winner has to put up a 15 blind, and gets last action. This game is JUICY in my experience. During ski season, I spent some weekend nights there. Sometimes it would take a bit to get going, but once a couple action players show up, its game-on. Even the "Regulars" at the table weren't anything to be scared of. Couple of weak-tighty rocks.

Harvey's also spreads a 500 buy-in NL game, which I've heard is worthless, and every once in a while has a "BIG" NL game, which the two times I've seen it going, had at least 300k on the table. Too rich for my blood.