Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 08:22 AM

Default KTo in SB, 8 to see the flop

Didn't have many hands on MP2 but he looked tight-passive. I often open from the SB in a spot like this but wanted to let others act first. Weak tight?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 03-25-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: KTo in SB, 8 to see the flop

lead the flop next time and see hows things pan out. You will have the best hand a vast majority of the time, pretty drawless board too.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 AM

lead the flop. you have TPGK, only backdoor draws with a big pot. even if he is WT, why would you fold?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:10 AM

I think he did lead.
[ QUOTE ]
Hero checks, UTG+1 calls,

[/ QUOTE ]
Converter messed up, I assume.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:21 AM

Looks like BB went all in.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:41 AM

I am no expert, but I like the flop check, not to gain information, but to set up a check-raise. If you lead out, callers are getting 9:1 at worst to call you with middle pair or a gutshot (like a 76 or a A2). If someone in late position bets, you can cut the odds dramatically. If someone to your left bets and it is one back to you, call the bet and try again on the turn (assuming you still like your hand). If there were fewer players on the flop, say only 4 opponents, I would bet out, since the odds are reduced and I would be afraid of a check-through. But with 8 players on the flop, the chances of it being checked through are minimal, and leading out does not do enough to protect the hand.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Yes with 8 players seeing the flop I checked to try and check-raise a LP bettor. When it was bet, then raised by a pretty tight-passive I figured my kicker was no good, he may even have a set. The pot was 5.5 bb which isn't bad but wasn't entirely worth fighting for if I'm behind. Also with this flop I couldn't see him having a draw so I put him on at least a bigger king or a set of 3's or 4's. He turned over KQ which won a side pot. (BB was all in with K4)