Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Pound all the way?

Euro 3/6 6 max, 5 handed.

I am button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Folded to me, I raise, SB calls, BB folds. I have no reads, or stats.

Flop is 9: diamond:5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Turn is: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check.

I don't know if this was stupid or not. However, I had the feeling of one of the following: either SB had two over cards, and would fold when missing the turn. And if he hits the river, he will bet and I can raise to get another bet. Or, he has an underpair, and will fold the turn, or bet the river when I check and get the same extra bet with my raise.

Is this just dumb thinking?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Pound all the way?

[ QUOTE ]
However, I had the feeling of one of the following: either SB had two over cards, and would fold when missing the turn. And if he hits the river, he will bet and I can raise to get another bet. Or, he has an underpair, and will fold the turn, or bet the river when I check and get the same extra bet with my raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or he was planning to call you down with A-high or an underpair, and you miss one bet. Or he is slowplaying 2 pair, AA or something like that, and you're missing a ton of bets. Or he was planning to bluffraise you on the turn.

Unless you had some read that he was weak/tight, then you will be costing yourself bets here most of the time. Since this is a steal situation and the board is so ragged, I think A-high and any kind of pair is calling down here a lot.

EDIT: OK, maybe he isn't all that likely to have 2 pair here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Pound all the way?

Just bet.