Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Big pots + loose agressive play = PROFIT?

Typical party 3/6. Lets do some gamb00ling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

** Dealing **
Seat 1: Reasonable [ XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Seat 3: Chip Spewing Hero [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Seat 4: LAG Calling station[ XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Seat 5: Loose Bad player 3 [ XX XX 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Seat 6: Loose Bad player 2 [ XX XX 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Seat 7: Tilted Calling Station [ XX XX 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Seat 8: Loose Bad player [ XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Chip Spewing Hero bring-ins (1)
LAG Calling station calls (1)
Loose Bad player 3 calls (1)
Loose Bad player 2 calls (1)
Tilted Calling Station completes (3)
Loose Bad player calls (3)
Reasonable folds.
Chip Spewing Hero calls (2)
LAG Calling station calls (2)
Loose Bad player 3 calls (2)
Loose Bad player 2 calls (2)

When the LAG doesn't raise, that means he has air, I mean AIR.

Tilty is "ok", but paysoff like an ATM. Makes VERY bad raises on 3rd, Tilty will be raising here with a pair. What pair we don't know.

I probably made some isolation raise with a good draw and bet the river with air and had a bluff snapped of a few times. I'm sure my image is a lagtastic bluffer. I'm not sure they would be wrong either... But none of them have the ability to raise witout a huge hand and they will very often fold to a really scarey board on the river since I don't value bet the river always.

Loosey is loose. CC raises with trash constantly. He has exactly 1 ace, probably no pair it being suited is questionable.

I love big pots... Lets get lucky! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(Pot 7SB)
** Dealing Fourth street **
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to LAG Calling station [ XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to Loose Bad player 3 [ XX XX 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to Loose Bad player 2 [ XX XX 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to Tilted Calling Station [ XX XX 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to Loose Bad player [ XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Loose Bad player bets (3)
Chip Spewing Hero raises (6) to 6
LAG Calling station calls (6)
Loose Bad player 3 folds.
Loose Bad player 2 folds.
Tilted Calling Station calls (6)
Loose Bad player calls (3)

Why is Loosey betting? Because he's first. Seems like a good time to thin the herd a little since everyoen caught bad and I caught good. What? I didnt? I caught an Ace thats worth at least two over cards even with 1 out! And I caught Loosey's hand in the cookie jar which lets me take control of the hand.

p.s. Let me catch good on 5th!

(pot 7BB)
** Dealing Fifth street **
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to LAG Calling station [ XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to Tilted Calling Station [ XX XX 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to Loose Bad player [ XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Loose Bad player checks.
Chip Spewing Hero bets (6)
Loose Bad player folds.

Ah, A pair. Time to bet, all the non paired/no-draw hands will be folding now. There will be no free cards if I check, better to bet since I'd call a bet anyways.

(10BB)
** Dealing Sixth street **
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to LAG Calling station [ XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Dealt to Tilted Calling Station [ XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Tilted Calling Station checks.

The moment of truth. I can't check as Tilty will check behind a LOT of hands. I don't want to miss a value bet from Laggy who is to dense to realize what I must have to bet into a paired door card.

(13BB)
** Dealing River **
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Tilted Calling Station checks.

Was there every any doubt? I play g00t!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Big pots + loose agressive play = PROFIT?

nice play on 6th and 7th.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:50 AM

3rd good
4th no reason to isolate (2 of you next 3 cards have to help for the logic of isolation to apply) so check
5th check or bet...no big difference
6th good
7th good
Old 01-11-2005, 10:33 PM

I don't understand the fourth-street raise. If you thought for a minute that you could get it heads-up, that would have been one thing, but this is $3/6. You're behind, you're out of position, and you don't have much of a hand. Your hand is barely worth a call.

Having taken the approach you did, you did very well to catch cards. That is, of course, the name of the game. The bet on fifth is OK. Once you make trips, you should fire until someone gives you a reason not to. Nice hand.