Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Are Pacific\'s lobby stats accurate?

According to the stats in the lobby of Pacific poker, the games are the loosest games in the known internet. However, when I watch or play at a table, pokertracker gives stats that are significantly tighter than the lobby would suggest. Has anyone else seen this? I'm wondering if the lobby stats have been programmed to the same terrible standard as the rest of the site and are therefore unreliable.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Are Pacific\'s lobby stats accurate?

no way they are accurate not even close..not in my experience in playing LHE and NLHE ring games there. The pot averages seem overstated by up to 15%-25% even higher.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:14 PM

I believe that they are accurate but the problem is that they use too large of a sample to come up with the number. For example, if the lobby may say a table's VPIP is 60% but it appears that it's currently only 40% then its very possible that it is so high because 45 minutes ago there were only 5 people playing at the table. I find this is especially true if the table VPIP is high and the average pot size seems small for such a high VPIP.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:24 PM

They take the cumalative average for the table. They are innacurate because of the table size variations. This was worse when they didn't have actual short tables. I loved the 80 percent tables and low table averages when the site first started......... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 01:05 PM

"Dear Tanya,

Thank you for contacting Pacific Poker.

Tanya, I understand you have doubts regarding the statistics that we show on our site. I can inform you that none of our stats have been programmed.

I want to ensure you that all of our statistics are checked on a regular basis by the independent auditor Price Waterhouse Coopers.

Pacific Poker is part of a number of companies which make up 888.com, we are the worlds leading online gaming site and we would in no way wish to see our reputation and integrity tarnished by cheating our members. After all we will make money who ever wins a particular hand due to the
rake we take.

Please take a moment to look at it this way, for example, the more winners we have, the more they will play therefore the more they will be able to wager and the more people they are likely to recommend to our site; which all equals more money to our site.

Tanya, if you require further assistance in this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us - we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Kind regards,
Member Support Representative
Pacific Poker"
Old 10-15-2005, 10:15 PM

They're averages for the last hour. A shorter period, or some other alteration, might make them more relevant.