Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: If you flopped a set in the bubble, do you make this call?

[ QUOTE ]
You flopped a set in the bubble, knowing that your opponent is on a flush draw, and there is a short stack about to be blind out.
Do you guys make this call here?

#Game No : 2617590863
***** Hand History for Game 2617590863 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:15265243 Level:6 Blinds(100/200) - Monday, August 29, 09:46:17 EDT 2005
Table Table 11492 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: what1985 ( $2440 )
Seat 4: Bennu ( $520 )
Seat 10: PartyRocks ( $2060 )
Seat 8: GoAheadTryIt ( $2980 )
Trny:15265243 Level:6
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to PartyRocks [ 3d 3c ]
PartyRocks raises [400].
what1985 calls [400].
Bennu folds.
GoAheadTryIt folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 8c, 3h ]
PartyRocks bets [200].
what1985 is all-In [2040]

What do you do next?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I like folding and whining like a little girl.

Now that's better poker!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Fold preflop

2) If you don't fold preflop and you don't call this all in then WTF are you doing?

Seriously stop being results oriented. You just posted the results AKA a bad beat post. That won't make you any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not trying to post a bad beat post, I've been reading 2+2 and playing 10/20 for over a year. Plus, this doesnt even count as a bad beat.

I want to know if a fold is mathematically correct in when there is a short stack in the bubble.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:08 PM

Look, if you're that concerned about a flush draw because of the presence of a short stack, the why are you making a weak bet on the flop?

The real question is, what do you do if your wimpy flop bet is called and the third club comes on the turn?

If you're that concerned and want to get out of the hand without further jeopardy, just push the flop straight away. It's silly to induce action when you are so afraid of getting any.

But obviously you should call the push. Folding would be terrible and you know it.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Fold preflop

2) If you don't fold preflop and you don't call this all in then WTF are you doing?

Seriously stop being results oriented. You just posted the results AKA a bad beat post. That won't make you any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not trying to post a bad beat post, I've been reading 2+2 and playing 10/20 for over a year. Plus, this doesnt even count as a bad beat.

I want to know if a fold is mathematically correct in when there is a short stack in the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

But dont you see? Why call/raise 33 here if youre not going to the mats on this flop? Yes you should consider the Shortstack, but do so preflop....this flop is a nutbuster, of course you call.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So now you want validation because of the limits you play? puahahaha...

I think most people are saying... how were you 100% you were against a flush draw? There's no way you could have! Additionally, flopping a set is pretty damn good man... about the best you could hope for with your play thus far. Folding here would be some weakass [censored]. I'd recommend reading up on more SNGs. I hope your Ring Game play is better. Fold preflop, or get ready to commit.