Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 01:51 PM

Default A Pokerbot has finally arrived.

A lot of people said it couldn't be done... Here's the living, breathing proof. What do you guys think?
WinHoldEm
Old 02-01-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Re: A Pokerbot has finally arrived.

Hmm...a pokerbot that is a free downloadable .exe file.

I think I will go and install it on my machine...not.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:58 PM

http://www.winholdem.net/help/#channelsecurity
Here is a website link relating to the security the program provides...

It runs nothing in the background or when you boot your computer so it is nothing like a typical spyware program from what I can tell, my personal firewall or antivirus software has raised no flags about WinHoldEm either.

It seems like it is a completely legitimate program and I have been successful at the real money tables with it over many days of constant play. I haven't noticed any suspicious moves by opponents when I review my hands, so I don't believe the developper of the software is using it against me. This was one of my initial concerns as well, but one that has faded as I use the software more and more.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:40 PM

This bot is a complete joke and its logic is completely flawed. After watching it autoplay for 5 minutes I knew my bot could crush this one like a grape. If you want to lose then load up the WinHoldem Bot..it gets itself into trouble like you would not believe. Like BatMan said..give me a table full of these things...

Some nice work done on portions of the interface but as far as intelligence goes this one is eons behind what is already out there operating.

Old 02-01-2004, 11:30 PM

pist,

download poker professional ... there are several whbots playing there right now go for it.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:01 AM

First of all I am not gonna waste my bots time playing against other bots and of course playing on your site is like playing against a stacked deck since all the bots collude together. I happen to agree with all the other people here and that this colluding bot thing is blatent cheating.

Some people think that running a bot is a form of cheating..I would have to totally disagree on that one however. A bot is just a solid player that will not call garbage when it gets bored or tired. Can a bot beat a good player? probably not in the long run..but why would I even want to play against good players in the first place? The whole point of poker is to play with worse players then yourself. So I put the bot in on a good loose game and go do something more productive..like mow the lawn or change the oil in my car...
Old 02-01-2004, 08:50 PM

fluff,
this was an earlier post so i think you can already see by now from reading the rest of this thread that wh is very legit.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:56 PM

you can already see by now from reading the rest of this thread that wh is very legit.

What is legit about it? It advocates collusion! It is despicable.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:59 PM

wh doesn't advocate cardsharing. humans do that. we at winholdem.net are not trying to promote cardsharing and teaming ... but we're not trying to ignore it either. regardless of what the OPC's say, there are players out there right now that share regularly and avoid detection. and they will continue to avoid detection because they know how to do that. and what defense do you have against that because the OPC's certainly cant help you? we believe that wh offers excellent defense.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:10 PM

I just folded AKo in an unraised pot preflop. You've got some explaining to do sir. To be fair, I was messing around with the number if iterations, and it may have been my fault.
Closed Thread