Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 09:19 PM

Default a line i like.......

.....against spazztards like this guy. he is 50/20/5 over 100 hands. thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB
Old 12-29-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: a line i like.......

i like it too. you allow him to bluff if that's what he's doing, and you eventually get your value out of A9, TT, Q8 if he's trying to value bet vs. your AK.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:32 PM

isn't a spazztard pretty likely to go off for multiple bets on the flop or turn with a draw or made hand(less than he'd put in on the river) and/or check/call the river with a hand with marginal showdown value? This guy raised UTG and donked the flop, he's not folding before the river. Let him put multiple bets in when he likes his hand
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 PM

really depends if the guy is a maniac or not. like if he's going to 3-bet with bottom pair or worse i'm definitely going to go to war.

also don't underestimate how often they will continue bluffing trying to blow you off of your hand after you keep playing passively like this. like i said before, if he will go absolutely nuts with a bluff then we're missing out, but i'm assuming the guy will find a fold with something completely random.

edit: i missed the stats and just saw the "spazztard" part. we could very well be missing some bets vs. this guy.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't a spazztard pretty likely to go off for multiple bets on the flop or turn with a draw or made hand(less than he'd put in on the river) and/or check/call the river with a hand with marginal showdown value? This guy raised UTG and donked the flop, he's not folding before the river. Let him put multiple bets in when he likes his hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. A guy with a 5.00 postflop aggression could easily go crazy on that flop and maybe turn with any Queen, or worse pair.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:37 PM

I do, however, like this line against a guy that's over-aggro but not a complete idiot.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:38 PM

i would like it if he weren't so aggressive.
with an AF of 5, i'll bet you get 3-bet on the flop.
after that, you can call turn and raise river, getting another whole big bet in there.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:42 PM

I would personally have raised the turn...you dont know he is going to bet into you on the river and so could lose out on a bet if he decides to check/call or check/fold.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. A guy with a 5.00 postflop aggression could easily go crazy on that flop and maybe turn with any Queen, or worse pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

his numbers are only over 100 hands, which imo means he is still aggro, but not necessarily a super-duper-lagtard monkey. just a spazztard.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:04 PM

haha i like it. very scientific.