Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Weißbier

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

is check folding here awful?

[/ QUOTE ]

You check.

1. He bets $350.

2. He bets $600

You?

[/ QUOTE ]

does his turn bet size change his hand range any?

im not so sure our action should be different based on his bet size.

but if im not folding, im cring all in both times.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 PM

It doesn't seem like it changes anything other than what are effective odds are going to be. If i agree with my above and say i am behind 2:1 then against the $600 bet it's going to be tricky because i have to be 100% sure i'm going no more money on the river when i'm ahead meaning i can happily checkfold to a bet, if on the river he shoves all his hands, then i've gone 1400:800, anyway that's getting a little too nitpicking.

Against $350 i have a decent shot at getting my showdown odds and the fact against $350 it makes me feel very sad to checkfold bottom set, which i did.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:56 PM

Wow, I would never fold there for $350. Could easily be AA/KK.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:58 PM

easily is a but much. you said AA KK may check for pot control, yes they may, but rarely anyone does it. just the same way midhigh limit forum when raised on the river always say 'he could be bluffraising', sure he could, but it rarely happens.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:59 PM

Could be JJ, too.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:01 PM

4 way hand, 12 overcards to your hand could drop, or, 'i raised JJ preflop, got the flop i wanted, i bet', but yea, 'could'.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:06 PM

I think if he bets $600 I fold. If he bets $350 I call and c/f the river. Just seems so weak. You could so easily have a draw, why isn't he betting bigger to build a pot and protect his hand? QJ is quite possible for you. Looks like he is very tentative about his holding when he's betting $350.

Edit: And guys will often raise bigger with hands like TT and 99 out of position trying to take it down preflop and if they don't then hoping to either hit a set or have the best hand postflop. This smallish raise against a bunch of limpers looks more like AA/KK than TT/99 to me. Although obviously that is player dependent.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the combination of the flop check and big cold call sets off huge alarms if the opponent isnt a huge idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]notice that cold call isnt really all that big, but it is strong since two players have live hands behind him and have shown some (donkified) interest in the pot.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against that players stats, i think you are looking at a set a large amount of the time.

is check folding here awful?

[/ QUOTE ]
well, i would def check and when he bets (if?), i think only then you can make this decision, but folding looks pretty good to me.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many 2p2ers with AA KK etc would call after it's 3 bets back to them? Moreso, why even check in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

From Villain's perspective, in a six-max game, there is not enough of a difference in value here between a set and AA to warrant a check-fold by you on the turn. Put another way, I don't see how you put Villain on 99 or TT so often here.

Frankly, his raise to $35 from the BB doesn't make much sense no matter what his holding is.