Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-24-2005, 07:09 AM

Default $22 - TP vs aggro

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t2855)
UTG (t2100)
Hero (t730)
SB (t1445)
Button (t870)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Button calls t30, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero checks

Flop: (t75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: (t75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t250</font>, Button calls t170

River: (t575) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t590 (All-in)</font>, Hero ?

I possibly induced a bluff right? So all that's left for me is to call.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Re: $22 - TP vs aggro

Calls and get to see a busted flush draw
Old 12-24-2005, 08:00 AM

I'm not completely convinced that it's a bluff after he calls your turn check-raise. In fact, I think that the raise on the turn is a mistake. If you did manage to get him to bluff into you, you don't want to raise him off it now. I expect that when he calls your raise he thinks his hand is good.

But he may think his 9 or 6 or 5 is good (really). Given the way it played out, I think you need to block the river. The check induces a bluff as you say, but you have to make a tough decision now.

Anyway, I check-call the turn and make a smallish bet on the river. If he comes over the top forget about it. If he has a 9 or T he would possibly call behind for you, he may even call behind with a stronger K which would save you some chips. Basically, I prefer to play this one more tamely with TP and no kicker.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:59 PM

i would have raised preflop, and i would have bet out on the flop. with top pair/lo kicker i dont think you want to be slowplaying or trying to induce a bluff, i'm probably wrong though
Old 12-24-2005, 02:02 PM

Why no flop bet?

Why no turn bet?
Once you check turn I call his bet.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:27 PM

I like it biatch!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:35 PM

This dude was really aggro. If he had any piece of the flop he would have bet it. I checked it to him again knowing that there was a high likelihood that he'd bet it - I didn't see this guy letting me check it to him twice. When he called I thought it likely that he had a flush draw or maybe a gutshot, or picked up the 5. On the river I feel like I'm only behind to a straight or two pair...and I guess he coulda slowplayed or rivered two pair, I just didn't think so when he bet. That bet seems really out of place considering I showed strength on the turn and then checked the river, which makes my turn check-raise look a lot like a steal. So if he were value betting he would probably bet a lot smaller.