Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-21-2005, 12:58 PM

Default 5-10 line check

6-max, villian probably raises about half the time when its folded to him and isnt afraid to get large money in with marginal hands.

Folded to villian who opens for 35. I call with AK and about 1200 behind (which is covered) in the BB. Flop K 9 3 rainbow. I check, he bets 60, and I call. Turn 4 putting a flush draw up. I check, he bets 60 again and I make it 200. He calls. River 6, flush draw missed, I bet 250 and he calls. How'd I do?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: 5-10 line check

looks pretty good to me, except if he's as loose as you say he is, I don't think you made as much money as you could've. Maybe check-raise flop, bet 2/3 pot on turn, and get the rest in on the river.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 5-10 line check

If villain "isn't afraid to get large money in with marginal hands." then with a ~$600 pot at the river I'd normally like an overbet of $800 to look like a steal. Since you'll only have ~$200 left I probably push.

But he's your villain. If you think he folds to more aggression then there's nothing wrong with value betting here. Also, I've got to have a solid read to put more money in with TPTK.