Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Blind steal.. how\'d I do?

[ QUOTE ]
How is knowing his steal info going to help us sooooo much here?

[/ QUOTE ]
It helps. There are a couple stats, "Folded SB to Steal" & "Folded BB to Steal", that help in figuring out how much people will defend their blinds. If some guy only folds his BB to a steal 10% of the time you can tighten up what you try to steal with. Also, his "Attempt to Steal Blinds %" will give you an idea of how much he steals. Usually someone who steals a lot, defends a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
He says he doesn't have a solid read on SB, and believe it or not, not all people use HUD.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why people would avoid extra information but that's a really annoying discussion that has been done before.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is knowing his steal info going to help us sooooo much here?

[/ QUOTE ]
It helps. There are a couple stats, "Folded SB to Steal" & "Folded BB to Steal", that help in figuring out how much people will defend their blinds. If some guy only folds his BB to a steal 10% of the time you can tighten up what you try to steal with. Also, his "Attempt to Steal Blinds %" will give you an idea of how much he steals. Usually someone who steals a lot, defends a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
He says he doesn't have a solid read on SB, and believe it or not, not all people use HUD.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why people would avoid extra information but that's a really annoying discussion that has been done before.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I do use a HUD, and it does have his steal percentage on it.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'm misunderstanding/misapplying the concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
If you had ATo, I would say "sure, go ahead and cap"
What control are you maintaining if SB has a strong hand? After a 3-bet, your hand is only REALLY good for its flush draw potential--your A may be shot and, if you pair your ace, against any strong action you will have to call down. I blind steal with Q9o and J9o, do you really think I'm going to cap these hands???

Edit: I might point out that your position already allows you to control the hand. Why not save the half bet and use it for a flop raise to assess hand strength or regain control of the hand...this is a much better use of this SB than a cap PF. Also, after a 3-bet, you must consider that this hand does not contain enough equity to raise.