Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:56 PM

Default You can call me the super donker

villain has TAG stats after 100 hands.

FYI: flop c/r is my standard line here, but villain and I have been involved in a lot of hands and the weak lead was just an attempt to mix things up.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 12-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: You can call me the super donker

I'm not sure I get it. Why are you not check-raising that turn? You're going to have to explain this line for me.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:59 PM

NH, I am a fan.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:02 PM

Because getting 3-bet burns, and we don't want it to get checked through either.

Villain is a TAG, which means he could have easily raised for a free card to his flush draw. I think giving him the free card is a mistake, and getting your c/r 3-bet is not what we are looking for either.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:03 PM

I like.

No free cards, Potentially ahead untill the turn raise and well river is a no brainer.

I'd probably have donked the turn or C/C it, Not sure.(Does he abuse free card play? has he used it yet&gt;?)

What was your reasoning behind it? What i've said ? i assume you've got more reasons so interested to hear.

NH.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I get it. Why are you not check-raising that turn? You're going to have to explain this line for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Because a decent TAG is taking a free card here a ton of time with AK and he doesn't was to risk that. He isn't usually getting raised here without being beat, but obviously the straight outs force him to call the turn.

I like the hand.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:09 PM

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
JBA........

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 10:11 PM

Bets, I think that's clear.

If villain had simply called our turn Donkbet, I would be a little more worried, but as it stand we are probably up against 2-pair, a better Q, or maybe a set, all of which we beat. I bet it up.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:15 PM

Bet fold? bet call?

Yeah i knew it was a bet lol, just wanted others to get in with their lines also.

It doesn't look like a flush draw, but could potentially be ATs?[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (yes unlikly) so are you bet calling?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:17 PM

I really really want to show this down. I have a pretty decent made hand and a good draw (on the turn). however I am out of position.

I think donking the turn in situations like this allows you to manipulate the # of big bets that go in on the turn/river - in some ways neutralizing my positional disadvantage.

if I check the turn with the intention of raising I am in a situation where anywhere from 1-4 bets are going to go in, and it very much is up to villain where in that range it's going to go. often this will be exact 2-3 bets, but not always, and when it's four i'm usually screwed and never one unless I have the best hand. If I bet the turn with the intention of seeing the showdown it is always 2-3 bets if I don't improve, 2-4 if I do.

these were my thoughts...