Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Turn play with TP marginal kicker

MP1 is weird. He's loose (50% VPIP) and aggressive (13% PFR) preflop, passive on the flop and turn (0.67 and 0.73 respectively), but super aggressive on the river (4.0). However, I've also seen him bet some strange holdings (like a 3-bet on a K-high flop with K9 when it was capped preflop, or strange donk bets with A-high). So I don't really know how to handle his turn donk bet. Should you raise in this spot, or call down? Folding seems bad when he could be betting something bizarre.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="blue">Hero...</font>
Old 12-08-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Turn play with TP marginal kicker

i dont raise here, your kicker isnt great. just call it down and reevaluate on the river
Old 12-08-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Turn play with TP marginal kicker

Well he's aggro so he might well bet a draw or draw/pair combo as well as a hand that just hit. We've got a player donking along and a player yet to act, pot is decent sized and you've still got top pair...

I think I like the free showdown raise, as long as he's aggro enough to bet worse hands sometimes. You can knock the guy out behind you, charge the donk in the middle who is usually behind, and the bettor if he's on a draw.