Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 08:02 AM

Default 55$: Unsure what to do with this strong draw

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t930)
SB (t860)
BB (t985)
UTG (t840)
UTG+1 (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
MP2 (t1000)
MP3 (t985)
CO (t2400)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, Hero calls t15, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t67.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t67.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t35</font>, UTG+1 calls t35, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, MP2 calls t100, BB folds, UTG+1 calls t65.

River: (t402.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: t402.50

Please comment on turn and river.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:08 AM

Default Re: 55$: Unsure what to do with this strong draw

I really wouldn't call preflop there. Not in EP. Not with so many to act after you. Also the draw is not that strong - you're drawing to the ignorant straight. The flush is far more powerful a draw. There's only one card to come as well. Your raise is not going to get anyone to fold. I'd either call or raise more on the turn, if I was going to raise at all. To be honest, I don't think I would here though. Not OOP with someone to act after you.

By the way any Q and you're dead to any A. So really, you have at best 12 outs. Keep that in mind here.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:11 AM

I play the same on the river.

The turn is interesting. I think there are two possible lines and you chose something in between. I'd either raise more to take the pot down now or just flat call and look for a cheap river. I don't know which is best though.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 AM

I'd just call the turn. I wouldn't see the flop though.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:40 AM

I agree with tigerite.

Your draw isn't as strong as you think.

Q of hearts is your only guaranteed money card, because there's very good chance that at least one A is out there.

Any seven will give you the nuts, but only 7 of hearts will make you money (besides what's already in the pot) if someone makes his flush.

2-6 of hearts aren't that great, because they don't usually complete worse hands that'll donate chips to you, but there's a decent chance that someone has Ax of hearts and will bust you.

If I misclicked and called preflop, I'd just call this turn. Like tigerite said, your raise is too small.

The river is fine.

If you have the best hand, worse hands won't call and if someone has you beat, he'll probably call if you bet.

NP: Sinister - Embodiment Of Chaos
Old 11-18-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really wouldn't call preflop there. Not in EP. Not with so many to act after you. Also the draw is not that strong - you're drawing to the ignorant straight. The flush is far more powerful a draw. There's only one card to come as well. Your raise is not going to get anyone to fold. I'd either call or raise more on the turn, if I was going to raise at all. To be honest, I don't think I would here though. Not OOP with someone to act after you.

By the way any Q and you're dead to any A. So really, you have at best 12 outs. Keep that in mind here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever raise this turn. Board hit too many donks that aren't folding. Take the cheap card, you're draw isn't that great as tigerite said.

I don't take another stab at the river for the same reason I don't raise the turn. Plus your turn raise was weak as hell.

And pf is really bad. I don't think it's an issue of opinion, I'm pretty sure it's just wrong to limp there. Especially given how you played the rest of the hand (no offence, but I'm pretty sure you can't play it profitably from up front).