Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-12-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

What were you trying to accomplish with your second email to party? It sounded to me that they handled the situation well. They warned the offending party and revoked his chat privileges. Did you want them to freeze his account or forfit his winnings in the tournament? The guy probably didn't even know what he was doing is wrong, I think any more action by party would have been excessive.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What were you trying to accomplish with your second email to party? It sounded to me that they handled the situation well. They warned the offending party and revoked his chat privileges. Did you want them to freeze his account or forfit his winnings in the tournament? The guy probably didn't even know what he was doing is wrong, I think any more action by party would have been excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a simialr circumstance from about a year ago and they revoked the colluders seat and awarded it to the bubble boy. This should be done also in this case.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not knowing a rule doesn't mean you aren't bound by the rule. This guy should lose his seat or at least Microbob should be awarded one. Party doesn't lose a dime by giving him a seat.

This is one of those situations where email just won't do. I would give them a call and stay on the phone until I get a satisfactory resolution.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:04 AM

So if you're ignorant of the law and don't know that running a red light isn't legal, you clearly shouldn't get a ticket for it, right?

This is horrendous logic.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:06 AM

give it up bob
Old 11-12-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if you're ignorant of the law and don't know that running a red light isn't legal, you clearly shouldn't get a ticket for it, right?

This is horrendous logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you are going five over the speed limit you should be let off with a warning.

Frankly I don't think this offence is that bad. What's bad is that party wasn't in hand for hand mode. Telling the table that someone is short stacked and it would be advantageous for everyone to play slow is not clearly colluding. It's on the line. I think that announcing that you have AA is a much clearer violation than trying to get the table to slow down. The fact is that this is an obscure rule if it exists (and I doubt that this is an actual breach of party's TC) and it shouldn't be an issue since hand for hand ought to be in play.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Good luck in the fight Bob. They should compensate you in some way for this, as it was their mistake due to hand for hand not being initiated, so be sure to hold them to that.

You may have better luck calling them though. You're just going in circles with support.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Translation: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Teacher,Teacher! Bobby's chewing gum!

The expectation of fairness shocks me in it's naivety. You are gambling! Online! In f-ing Gibralter or Curaco! Understand that you are responsible for the level of fairness you get. Think the players are screwing you? Quit or fight on equal terms but don't expect life to be fair.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Translation: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[ QUOTE ]
Teacher,Teacher! Bobby's chewing gum!

The expectation of fairness shocks me in it's naivety. You are gambling! Online! In f-ing Gibralter or Curaco! Understand that you are responsible for the level of fairness you get. Think the players are screwing you? Quit or fight on equal terms but don't expect life to be fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I live in a high-crime area patrolled by the LAPD, and I am mugged and robbed, I shouldn't expect a proper criminal investigation?

Weak argument.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Translation: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[ QUOTE ]
Think the players are screwing you? Quit or fight on equal terms but don't expect life to be fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

So by your argument, we should accept the inequalities that arise at the table and accept grievous rule breakings? Such as collusion?

By your argument, if we want an equal footing we should adopt the tactics of those that are cheating us? Such as collusion?

Good luck selling your argument dude.