Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Stars 150 Hand Review and Line Check

I agree with you definitely push or fold. I folded many marginal hands to pre-flop raises so this is not a situation where I think AJ is a great hand and call gladly.

I need to be more specific on Sirio's suspected hand range. I don't think he is raising here with a weaker A than A10. I do think, having seen him do so a number of times, that he would play PP's as low as 66 here. And, in that split second, I click call! Instantly realizing I just screwed up and this is a potential, final hand mistake. I remain optimistic that I can post-flop-play my way out of it. But, his push shuts that down.

Bottom line, this hand was the ugliest one I could find in my tournament history and I appreciate the feedback on the post flop play. I did fold here and, fortunately/luckily, I was able to regain my footing.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Hand#1:

Against a player like me, your best option here is to fold before the flop, just look at my stack and my raise preflop, for sure I'm playing my stack with this hand. So, unless you think your hand is better than my possible range (unlikely), you should fold. If you decide to play, then I think calling is just slightly better than raising preflop, but of course your play in the flop should be to call if I push and to push if I check.

Against a random player, the best play is to push preflop, since most probably you'd have some FE.

Against a passive AK,AQ player (they fold the flop if don't improve), maybe the call preflop is better, but again you're commited to play the flop no matter what.

Hand#2

It's a tough one, but most probably with your hand against a villian like sirio and his stack I push; again it's push or fold, but in this case I like more pushing.

So, I think you made a mistake in both hands, your mistake in hand #1 probably helped you to finish higher since I think I have 99 in that hand.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:25 PM

I find these are my two worst played hands in the tourney. Overall I played fairly well. Ironically, a hand that you played prior to the final table fueled my willingness to get involved. 10/9 os pushed allin after your utg raise.

The feedback has been very helpful. Thank's for responding.