Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Personality Type and Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
Extroverts have little or no grasp of introversion. They assume that company, especially their own, is always welcome. They cannot imagine why someone would need to be alone; indeed, they often take umbrage at the suggestion. As often as I have tried to explain the matter to extroverts, I have never sensed that any of them really understood. They listen for a moment and then go back to barking and yipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely & undeniabley accurate.

I am INTJ, my wife INTP. We both understand where extroverts are coming from, and often accommodate their sometimes whiny and child-like requirements for companionship and approval.

On the otherhand, the same extroverts have no clue as to why we introverts might dislike when they convert the small gathering of close friends at our house into a free-for-all by inviting their neighbors, landscapers, and second cousins.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:37 AM

Heh, I noticed this as well.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...9776&page=
Old 11-05-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All of this myers-briggs stuff is about as reliable as zodiac signs. Its bizarre to me that there are actually people in the business community who take this seriously.

studies show that less than half of people who take the test will be placed into the same type when they retake it a week later. Results also vary according to the time of day. This shouldn't surprise anyone though, because the test was designed almost sixty years ago by a dilletante Jungian homemaker. Thats right! She wasn't even a psychologist or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I think most people could tell what they are just be reading the descriptions. I graded out as an ISTP and I sort of already knew I was IST. I thought it was close between judger/perceiver, but when I heard somebody say the inside of perceiver's cars are always messy, I knew the results were correct.