Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Party 3/6 6 max: Two hands against a LAG

Villan in both of these hands had stats of (50/18/.95). While his overall post flop aggression was.95 his river aggression was 2.35. He has shown throughout the session he will lead the flop with and pair and any draw.

Hand #1:

Party 3/6 6max: 5 handed

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero raises, 1 fold, Button calls, SB folds, BB (Villan) calls.

Flop: (6 1/3 sb) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB bets, Hero calls (?), Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I certainly had no plans on folding to villan's flop bet. After discounting the flush outs I had probably 5 outs against him if I was behind. However should I have raised to try and lose the button? He folded anyway, but that obviously doesn't matter. On the river would you have popped him again?

Hand #2:

Party 3/6 6max: 6 handed

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB (Villan) re-raises, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 sb) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.5 BB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: (10.5 BB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.5 BB

How does everyone like this line? Cap preflop?

Comments on any parts of the hands are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Bump

No thoughts on either of these?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Bump

hand 2? could this river be bet/fold situation?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Party 3/6 6 max: Two hands against a LAG

Hand 1 I just go ahead and raise the flop and go from there. I think I probably have the best hand and theres some cards that can certainly make it awkard to play.

oops, misread edit...

As you played it I think the rivers ok but I wouldnt hate a raise.

H2.. good but, you guessed it, bet that river!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:31 AM

hand 2 i bet the river
hand 1 i think i raise him, but i'm unsure, .95 agr for a loosey goose is high, you know.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:03 AM

Hand 1, fold the flop one time. You whiffed and your overcards are unholy (you wont know when they're good or not). Also you run the risk of the button having a hand. You don't win often enough here.

Hand 2, I think PF capping lowers your equity in getting SB out on the flop by bloating the pot more. How about calling the RR and raising the BB on lotsa flops (as you did). Can you fold to a turn 3-bet? If you cant, I kind of like using the 2 BB on a calldown.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:16 AM

Hand 1:
I say Fold on the flop. I know it is painful, but you most likely behind BB or button or both at this point. The pot is relatively small and even if do end up with the best hand on the turn, there are major redraws against you (flushes and str8s). That being said, I think that raising is better than calling because a raise forces button to fold a weak spade.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
H2.. good but, you guessed it, bet that river!

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought process for raising the turn was that I was going to check behind any heart or club. On the turn I knew I wanted to see the showdown with this guy and I figured if he was drawing that I want him to pay the two bets on the turn and that there was a decent chance he would check raise me on the river if he hit.

Assuming I bet the river do I call a raise?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, fold the flop one time. You whiffed and your overcards are unholy (you wont know when they're good or not). Also you run the risk of the button having a hand. You don't win often enough here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine folding the flop here would be a good move. I am getting an immediate 7 1/3 to 1. Let's say my spade outs are completely dead. I likely am drawing to 4 clean outs which I would need 10.75 to 1 to call to. The BB is a lock to bet the turn so if I improve I am going to pick up two double sized bets from him on the turn which makes up for the odds I am missing on the flop.

That of course is only if I am already behind which is far formcertain with my opponent here. He would lead the flop with any spade or a 2,3,4,5 or 6.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 PM

You don't want to be taking many free showdowns against a guy with this range. You must value bet him relentlessly.

To me his stats dont indicate that hes super lag or maniacal, just lagish. You said hes leading flops with any pair or any draw, a big chunk of his AF will come from that. Some players like this will not stop raising flush draws, but I'll assume if he does that youd have it flagged.

The pots approaching bet call but I don't think its quite there if you havent seen him make wild river plays given the way you played this. Im usually comfortable with bet fold unless you have less than 50 hands or so with him in which case I bet call.