Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 10-11-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: The Moon Landing Conspiracy

[ QUOTE ]

I'm itching to call you something unpleasant but I'll refrain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't I told you before that I don't like your lewd comments and I want you to go away? Judgemental people like you make me hate judgemental people like you.

Anyways, I'm not making an argument, because if you actually read my post, you would have noticed that I said I don't completely believe that we didn't land on the moon. I'm not sure what to believe. Which is why I asked questions... which you tried to answer and failed miserably.

Why don't you just save your time spent typing ignorant answers, like "Hah?" and "I don't see any flag 'waving'," and go steal a little kid's icecream or something? That way, your brain will stay intact because minimal thinking will be required.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't I told you before that I don't like your lewd comments and I want you to go away?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have, I must have missed it, in which case I apologise.

[ QUOTE ]
which you tried to answer and failed miserably.

[/ QUOTE ]
I answered two of four questions quite well, the flame and the computer. You asked how we could get to the moon without computers and I pointed out that people have succeeded in many endeavours that require far more computations and had far more mathematical and/or engineering complexity. I asked for a clarification of what specifically in the moon landing required a post 1969 computer and you declined to answer. So I'm asking you to clarify: What specific lack of technology in 1969 would have made a moon landing impossible or unlikely?

Regarding the flag waving, do you have a link to the movie that shows it? If you just mean that the flag is not limp against the pole, that's for (I hope) obvious reasons.

Anyway you seem to have picked out a few parts of my posts and not read the rest. I'm not sure why. That people actually doubt the moon landing enough to write posts/websites/emails about it makes me sad. There shouldn't even be a question if you spend more than ten seconds thinking about it. I have a passionate hatred of the kind of stupidity where poeple should know better but choose not to. It's nothing personal.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen some compelling evidence, although my mind is not made up entirely. I think the main important questions are:

1. Blah

[/ QUOTE ]

Do one iota of research into this subject and you will find why others are going to treat these question with disdain. Honestly there are a whole load of sites out there which go through each of the "consipicy" theories and tear them to shreds, including every single point you mention.

Therefore the main important question is

1. Why did you post these silly questions?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If science is questioning the moon landings, then I just got my answer to why some might not have an interest in the possibility of a God.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this another one of your jokes? I can never tell these days. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant it this way: If scientist aren’t even sure if we went to the moon (which was a new one on me) then I can, now, see how they would not be interested in hypotheticals (in the sense that the subject can't be proven) like whether God exists or not.

As far as if I was joking? I have no idea either. It depends on if the OP was a joke or not (I couldn't tell, myself, in that regard).
Old 10-11-2005, 11:08 AM

This thread sucks. You don't even go into the real issues with the moon landing. Just all the standard oft-repeated BS.

Apparently one of the real issues was that the cameras used on the moon were supposedly off the shelf consumer type cameras. There's no theoretical justification for such a camera to be able to withstand the harsh environment conditions on the moon (mainly high temperature) and it's among many questions presented to NASA, but never addressed.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread sucks. You don't even go into the real issues with the moon landing. Just all the standard oft-repeated BS.

Apparently one of the real issues was that the cameras used on the moon were supposedly off the shelf consumer type cameras. There's no theoretical justification for such a camera to be able to withstand the harsh environment conditions on the moon (mainly high temperature) and it's among many questions presented to NASA, but never addressed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have any proof for this assertion? As a rebuttal, apparently Fox themselves, in their 'moon hoax' special, actually interviewed the guy who designed the cameras specifically for the astronauts!

[ QUOTE ]
The program goes farther than this, though: they actually contacted the man who designed the cameras for the astronauts. When they asked him why the pictures were always perfect, he hemmed and hawed, and finally admitted he had no answer for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/f...tml#doubletime

BTW, here is a NASA page about the issue, where they answer some questions:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm
Old 10-11-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If scientist aren’t even sure if we went to the moon (which was a new one on me) then I can, now, see how they would not be interested in hypotheticals (in the sense that the subject can't be proven) like whether God exists or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence contributes nothing, as there is no a debate among scientists with this issue. Also, let's not lump 'scientists' into one category. The only scientists' opinion on this matter would be NASA scientists. Who would care if some anthropologist was swayed by Fox's first rate investigative journalism?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:12 PM

You forgot.

END OF THREAD.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:46 PM

Here's my best answer against those that think we didn't actually land on the moon:

Conspiracies that involve thousands of people are notoriously difficult to maintain. Think of all the astronauts, engineers, administrators, scientists, etc. that would have to be in on it.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If science is questioning the moon landings, then I just got my answer to why some might not have an interest in the possibility of a God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, RJT, I hope you realize how ridiculous this sentence is. How did you get from the OP to scientists apparently questioning the moon landing? I'd really like for you to walk me through that thought process.