Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Annie gets called out again!

We college students are spoiled, but while she may have a nice body, her face betrays her age. And she wears either too much makeup, or too little. (IE if she wore more she'd be able to pull off the evil gothic poker champion, now it just looks sleazy.)

If it wasn't for the whole "poker players are treated worse than slaves we pay to pick the cotton" I'd be less harsh, but seriously, f--- Annie Duke.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:04 PM

sycophant \SIK-uh-fuhnt\, noun:
A person who seeks favor by flattering people of wealth or influence; a parasite; a toady.

Had to look this word up.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:46 PM

Saying that she was rude to that guy is only one persons unsubstantiated side of the story. It shouldn't be stated on TV, unless Chad witness it. We don't know what happen or if anything happened. Maybe at some point she was rude to Chad and that’s why we heard the story. If the guy wants to say it himself that's OK, he's got the right, as long as you give her a chance to respond. Everybody just accepts that she did this and was at fault. That’s called character assassination.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:05 PM

yeah, based on her friendly and cheerful demeanor at the final table, I am sure it is not true.

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 07:23 PM

Watching last night's broadcast, there was one hand were Annie checked by holding her cards in her hand and hitting the table with them (like a normal rapp rapp but with her cards in her hand). However, before she started checking, it looked to me like she moved the cards towards the pot, and if the other guy wanted to shoot angles as much as she does, might of had a case for her hand being declared folded. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and if it is even reasonably close to what i'm saying? I wasn't paying full attention and don't have Tivo so i couldn't go back and look at it or anything.

I think it would be pretty amusing if someone tried to call her out on something like that.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:50 PM

do a search on Negraneau's site.

fullcontactpoker.com I think
Old 10-05-2005, 09:52 PM

I guess Howard's pretty pissed at DN as well. He sent a nasty open letter to him on another site which could also probably be found on his site.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, how many final tables have you been to?

that's what i thought, bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That second line got me. Well done.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Annie story I remember

[ QUOTE ]
Watching last night's broadcast, there was one hand were Annie checked by holding her cards in her hand and hitting the table with them (like a normal rapp rapp but with her cards in her hand). However, before she started checking, it looked to me like she moved the cards towards the pot, and if the other guy wanted to shoot angles as much as she does, might of had a case for her hand being declared folded. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and if it is even reasonably close to what i'm saying? I wasn't paying full attention and don't have Tivo so i couldn't go back and look at it or anything.

I think it would be pretty amusing if someone tried to call her out on something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminded me of one of DN's tales. She was in a hand with another pro heads up, he re-raised her big, she folded and asked what he had. He said 'Aces' or something to that effect (or affect, I can't say I know). He then mucked his cards and Annie picked them out of the muck, peeked at them and said "just checkin".....

And I'm pretty sure DN was at the table.

Stories like that...
Old 10-05-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Annie story I remember

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminded me of one of DN's tales. She was in a hand with another pro heads up, he re-raised her big, she folded and asked what he had. He said 'Aces' or something to that effect (or affect, I can't say I know). He then mucked his cards and Annie picked them out of the muck, peeked at them and said "just checkin".....

And I'm pretty sure DN was at the table.

Stories like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

In Positively Fifth Street, Jim McManus describes her cheating in this fashion at a satellite (pp180-181 in my copy). It was Tony Ma's hand that she illegally retrieved from the muck. By McManus' account, Dan Alspach and Noel Furlong were also at the table. He doesn't mention DN (and it seems like he would). Perhaps Duke has used this particular cheating method more than once.