Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Suited connectors preflop

[ QUOTE ]
But no, don't listen to him Nicholas, keep posting this stuff, numbers tend to drift away and it's nice to set them back in place from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted that cause we talk a lot about hands and he brings this % up. It doesn't matter what 9Ts is against 22, because you'll never be faced with a situation where someone turns up 22 face up and you run the hand hot and cold (except maybe a prop). Sure, you can use this % when calc'ing your hand against his likely range, but bringing this up in a discussion about playing SC's preflop early in SNGs is irrelevant.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:53 PM

These may be played from any position.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

These may be played from any position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer to play them unsuited. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-----------Jeff
Old 09-30-2005, 06:17 AM

Thanks, Rap. As a $55'er looking to become a $109'er, I think this is quite interesting. Any other good observations, and do you play the bubble differently since most $109'ers play a fairly good bubble?

I find that the $55 bubble has been becoming better and better over the last several months, including people who seem to go out of their way to make occasional spite calls. I just busted out to a 4d3d that called my AcJs because I was moving in on his big blind too often (usually with far less of a hand).

Have the $215's become a more 2+2 style game as well, or are they just awesome and play goot at all levels: early-, mid-, and late-game?
Old 09-30-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like to play for flush draws too much with smaller SCs because it is too easy to be drawing to a dead hand. Others probably feel differently.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind small flush draws, but it depends on the hand and opponents. If it's heads up or three handed on the flop I'm usually gonna try to get all my chips in with a flush, unless my spider sense tingles. (Ok, I don't have spider sense but I wish I did.)

In a multi way pot, you have to proceed cautiously with your small flush (draw). Probably calling rather than raising, and it's much, much better to be in late position. If the flush comes runner-runner and there hasn't been a lot of action, I'm willing to get a little more aggressive with it.