Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-27-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Few decisions

Opponent is 30/5, a regular who doesn't seem very good but not awfully bad. I'm not so sure betting the turn is all that great, i'll work that out later, but i'd like comments first, unsure about the river play, not much left there so shrug.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero ($980)
CO ($807)
Button ($1677.50)
SB ($427.85)
BB ($2427.42)
UTG ($366.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $33</font>, CO calls $33, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $23.

Flop: ($104) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $88</font>, CO calls $88, BB calls $88.

Turn: ($368) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $280</font>, CO calls $280, BB folds.

River: ($928) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero ?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Few decisions

Bets, I think, for value. Is he really dumb enough to be drawing to that straight on that board? I think it's more often missed hearts, yet the Ace probably hit him and he now thinks he sucked out on your JJ? If the river is any non Ace, non heart I think we check to induce, but I think a bet is good here.

Flopped flush makes a move on the turn if not the flop right?

If he made that shitty straight, I think I'm paying him off.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:09 PM

I would bet all-in, as you only have about $400 left.

The A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't too much of a scare card, as there aren't too many hands with a 3 in them that could call the flop and turn bet except for A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and he probably folds PF anyway.

If he flopped a flush, you pay him off, but unless he flopped the nut flush, I think he has to put in a raise here somewhere. Even the nut flush should be worried about an action killing heart/board pair.

I would expect to see A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x a lot of the time.

I think that I would probably bet the turn harder, since it's going to be real tough to find a fold to his push getting 2.25:1 or so.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:13 PM

Check the river. CO could easily be calling to keep the BB in the hand. CO could also have a small flush, a straight, or a smaller set. Looks like CO is pot committed and would call any bet and would come over the top of a blocking bet.

Checking gives CO an opportunity to make a mistake.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:33 PM

I would check-call here to induce a bluff.

If you push now, which hands you beat will call? Or which hands you don't beat will fold? Not many. And he will probably bet a set of 4's or 2's for you and sometimes he will bet a broken flushdraw.