Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Two-way game at the Taj in AC

I've heard a lot about a 10/20 or 5/10 full-kill game that plays two ways (Stud and Omaha, both played 8/b) at the Taj Mahal in AC. I haven't seen a post about it yet (tried searching to no avail) and was wondering if anyone knew about the game - how are the players, is the game good, what are the limits, so on and so forth.

Thanks for all your input!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Two-way game at the Taj in AC

The two way game is 10-20 with a half kill to 15-30 (when someone scoops a pot of a certain amt, forget how much). It's half stud8/half omaha8. The players are horrible, but the game moves very slow due to some of the dealer's not understanding what beats what and time to split the pots. But again, the players are total loose donks and calling stations. So the action is good.

The 5-10 game is (I believe, unless it's changed) Omaha8 with a full kill to 10-20. This is a wild game and many pots play at 10-20 IIRC. I usually play hold em, but dabble in these once in awhile.

Jeff
Old 08-09-2005, 09:11 AM

Awesome, thanks a lot. That 10/20 half-kill game sounds right up my alley. Is it an eight-max game, or do they seat 10 players and make two people sit out during stud based on the button?

Also, is the kill in action during Stud 8/b? That would make for some huge pots, if so.

As for the dealers, I can understand that - I haven't found a place since Viejas in SoCal that could deal Stud 8/b competently.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it an eight-max game, or do they seat 10 players and make two people sit out during stud based on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter, but sometimes there are players away from the table or empty seats. They used to allow 9 to play at Stud, but they had so many hands with community cards, particularly at the 3/6, but also at the 10/20, since so many fish were playing and continuing with junk hands.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 AM

The biggest problem with the 10/20 game is that often there are several players at the table who really only want to play 10/20 O8B and sit out many hands when it's time to play Stud. Makes for a slow, tedious table at times. I heard from one of the Taj Omaha regulars this past weekend that on Friday there was a $1,700 pot during a Stud hand, with 5 people still in on 6th street. Apparently, one of the players was a tourist newbie who had no clue and was flinging chips left and right. I guess all it takes is one maniac to make the usual tightwad regulars loosen up a bit.

The 3/6 two-way game doesn't have the part-time player problem, but is also generally rather passive.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:09 AM

Is the 3/6 two-way game also played 8/b?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Yes, the 3/6 and 10/20 are both 8/B. The 3/6 game has no ante in Stud (just a $1 bring-in) while the 10/20 Stud has a $1 ante and a $3 bring-in.