Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-27-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: I need PROOF!

If you or other top players were dumb enough to slum in the 11s for 1000 games (either 1 or 2 tabling) I'd be SHOCKED if you didn't have a 40% ROI. Especially you, since your tendency to avoid fancy plays would be perfect against the donks.

I'm just kind of puzzled by the fact that the OP thinks that an ROI of 30% is unattainable.

If it wasn't for the fact that you'd never do it, I'd put big money on a challenge of this nature BTW.

Hell, I'd put big money on a challenge of me playing say 500 more games at the 11s and hitting 30% over this time. In order to cut down on variance and improve my chances, I'd one table and it would take forever but I'd do it for the right stakes.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:22 AM

I played plenty of $20s and $30s while I first learned to 8 table and my ROI was only about 20%. Although this does include a terrible first 200 sit and gos where I was still learning to 8 table and working out some kinks.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you or other top players were dumb enough to slum in the 11s for 1000 games (either 1 or 2 tabling) I'd be SHOCKED if you didn't have a 40% ROI. Especially you, since your tendency to avoid fancy plays would be perfect against the donks.

I'm just kind of puzzled by the fact that the OP thinks that an ROI of 30% is unattainable.

If it wasn't for the fact that you'd never do it, I'd put big money on a challenge of this nature BTW.

Hell, I'd put big money on a challenge of me playing say 500 more games at the 11s and hitting 30% over this time. In order to cut down on variance and improve my chances, I'd one table and it would take forever but I'd do it for the right stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, I clearly say that "I am positive 30% is attainable" in a response and then I go on to say that I am teetering on 30% after now 800 tourneys in the 22s. I am at 28.3 right now after 800. I am trying to get 30% as a personal goal after 1000... then if anyone asks for a screenshot in the future I will be able to provide [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I am doing this 8 tabling in sets... I agree with curtains that it is defintely the best method.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 AM

After 1000 11s with a 40% ROI, you'd have added 4400 to your roll. Even if you've got a Faberge Egg addiction, you should be able to set aside the, oh, $700 or so to take a shot at the 22s.

I just can't imagine someone hating money enough to be that good at poker and play at the lowest stakes.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok I am tired of everyone saying that a 40% ROI is possible over an indefinite length of time. There is no way I buy this. I have never even heard of a single poster on this forum who has claimed a 30%+ for a 1000 tourney sample (at any level). If anyone can give me a screenshot of SNG/Poker tracker with a 1000+ tourney sample and any ROI above 30% I would greatly appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody that smart would be that stupid. If you catch my drift.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I catch it... I am making $50 and hour 8 tabling the $22s though and I don't think this would go up significantly if I moved to the $33s or $55s. As I said, a lot of my success is because I have a great sense of what the 'typical $22er' does. Also I have already done 800 so I might as well go to 1000... then I will move to the $33s (for a brief period) then the $55s.