Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Best method for reviewing hands?

I want to start going over my hands in PT to look for leaks and find mistakes that I've made. But it seems like such a pain to just review every single hand one by one. Is there any kind of method you use to look over old hands and find mistakes?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Best method for reviewing hands?

When your playing, make a note of hands where you were unsure what to do while playing. I have a little text file I note hands in while I'm 4 tabling, so later I can find them and look closer.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-24-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When your playing, make a note of hands where you were unsure what to do while playing. I have a little text file I note hands in while I'm 4 tabling, so later I can find them and look closer.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

this is, 100% exactly, the method i use. do i know you?

btw it really helps, too. when you make one loose call or something it doesnt seem so bad, but when at the end of the night you realize you made the same loose call a couple times...well, that's no bueno.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:43 PM

When you say, "make a note of hands," do you mean what your starting cards were, and do you search by that.

I guess what I mean is: how do you identify your hand?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you say, "make a note of hands," do you mean what your starting cards were, and do you search by that.

I guess what I mean is: how do you identify your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

i mark down the starting hand and then search for it. at the end of a long session I sort my stats by that day alone, so its usually between 200-1000 hands long and i check out my vpip, aggression, etc. (small sample, i know. but curious to see how the day went). This helps to make notes of other players, as well. ANd makes it easier to find the hand labeled A4o.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:00 PM

I just got my 2001FP, and I set up dual monitors with that and my old 19" CRT. I keep PT and 2+2 on one, and 4 tables on the other, and I playback the hand. If I can't figure out what went wrong after a minute or two (usually they are stupid mistakes that you should be able to catch immediately), I'll break out bison's converter and post it. Granted, I don't play nearly as many hands as most people do here (I probably do about 300-400 a day).
Old 06-24-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got my 2001FP, and I set up dual monitors with that and my old 19" CRT. I keep PT and 2+2 on one, and 4 tables on the other, and I playback the hand. If I can't figure out what went wrong after a minute or two (usually they are stupid mistakes that you should be able to catch immediately), I'll break out bison's converter and post it. Granted, I don't play nearly as many hands as most people do here (I probably do about 300-400 a day).

[/ QUOTE ]

you know anything about computers? id love to hook up an old monitor from a computer downstairs on my newish laptop here, so i could play tables on one and have 2+2, stats/whatever on the other. i have no idea how to hook it up, however.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:10 PM

It depends what type of laptop you have. There should be a slot in the back of your laptop that takes a typical monitor plug. If so, plug it in and power it up. Then go to your display settings and see if you can stretch your desktop onto both monitors (otherwise the new monitor will just show the same display as the laptop screen).

To whoever asked how I keep track of the hand: I write the hand and a tiny bit of the situation, something that confused me maybe. examples:

JTs raise turn?
66 preflop
red KK fold river?

That type of stuff.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know anything about computers? id love to hook up an old monitor from a computer downstairs on my newish laptop here, so i could play tables on one and have 2+2, stats/whatever on the other. i have no idea how to hook it up, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a wild guess, but you might find some help here . [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends what type of laptop you have. There should be a slot in the back of your laptop that takes a typical monitor plug. If so, plug it in and power it up. Then go to your display settings and see if you can stretch your desktop onto both monitors (otherwise the new monitor will just show the same display as the laptop screen).

To whoever asked how I keep track of the hand: I write the hand and a tiny bit of the situation, something that confused me maybe. examples:

JTs raise turn?
66 preflop
red KK fold river?

That type of stuff.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hooked up a second monitor, but its the same as my normal one. im looking for this 'extend desktop' option and dont see it...maybe im not able to do it?