Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Looking for backer and coach (Long Post)

You're a garbage player. You played 10-20 Limit and 200+15 SNGs for a full year and your bankroll was only $7000?
Old 06-10-2005, 10:03 AM

First I should reply to the "Garbage Player" comment. Who said I play those limits for a year? I said I had been playing online for a year. Nobody just starts at the 215. So simmer down there tiger.

To the other post. Last night I played 25 10+1's below are the results for the night.

ROI 53%
ITM 44%

1st 24% 6 times
2nd 8% 2 times
3rd 12% 3 times
4th 0%
5th 8% 2 times
6th 12% 3 times
7th 16% 4 times
8th 8% 2 times
9th 8% 2 times
10th 4% 1 time
Old 06-10-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st 24% 6 times
2nd 8% 2 times
3rd 12% 3 times
4th 0%
5th 8% 2 times
6th 12% 3 times
7th 16% 4 times
8th 8% 2 times
9th 8% 2 times
10th 4% 1 time

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job never crapping out on the bubble.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:21 AM

Seth, too bad about the bashing. I didn't think there was anything about your thoughtful and sincere post that warranted the kind of responses you got.

I'm not in the backing business, and I'm not a good enough player to be of any value as a coach, and sit -n- go's aren't my game anyway, so no luck with me.

Don't get discouraged, though, and getting a coach is a good idea if you can find one. DavidRoss, after two years as an online pro, got one and said it helped him tremendously. Generally, though I think they prefer to get paid.

--Zetack
Old 06-10-2005, 11:44 AM

Seth, I think people will be more willing to trust you if you posted a but in the 1TT forum. I know of a few respected posters who have gotten staked by others on the forum, but it was after their many posts.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:42 PM

Jman220,

Thanks for the post. Yeah I have been fortunate enough that really havent been in a heated battle late and not place. My sample size is so small right now though, I mean its just one night. I want to get a 1000 in at each level before I really start to care about the results. Not that I don't care I do but my numbers are so small.

Zetack,

I appreciate what you said. I was being completely sincere with my post and I can understand some of the posts, especially since I haven't made that many. I wish you all the best with your game.

sfer,

I agree, I think that I need to post more in the other forum and get some insight from the other players about my game and specifically about the game in general. I enjoy reading the posts and I like to here success stories of the few that do make a good living here and what they do to succeed (I.E. Gigabet, IrieGuy, Raptor, ect ect)
Old 06-10-2005, 12:59 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Seth, I think people will be more willing to trust you if you posted a but in the 1TT forum. I know of a few respected posters who have gotten staked by others on the forum, but it was after their many posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

meeeeeeeee
Old 06-10-2005, 05:35 PM

In addition to sfer's advice, I would add that in the future, you might want to separate the requests for a backer and a coach. They don't look well together [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 04:43 PM

You've explained your situation and if we were all touchy feely, we might've gotten a tear and decided to help you. But this is a poker website, these are the cheapest fuckers you'll meet on the net, bar none.

So with that in mind, What is in it for ME, to be helping YOU. And giving you money? Explain how it makes sense for me to do that.

I signed a dude up and taught him how to play from scratch because I got him into poker and I was receiving monthly rake for his accomplishments. Am I getting that from you playing sit'n'gos? No. So look at it from the side ofthe posters here.

WHY help you?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:27 PM

The thing is, anyone with the knowledge to teach you how to be a winning poker player would make more simply by playing himself, therefore it wouldn't really be worth it for anyone to do this for you.