Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Difficult hand

I am on the button with a pair of tens, stack 15 BB's (a little below average stack at this point).
UTG calls (13 BB stack), UTG+1 raises 1 BB (30 BB stack), UTG+2 calls (25 BB stack). I have little info on the players, meaning they are probably OK.
My problem is that I would prefer a heads up situation, but still I want to protect myself from the possible big pocket pair. I think my stack is too small to just call and look for the set.
What do I do? Do I fold my handsome TT?

(Of course, the question is asked because I went in too strong and came up against KK.)
Old 04-04-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Difficult hand

Hey Kristian,

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with calling and trying to see a flop. Of course, what level in the tournament you're at by now would have a little impact on this. If you call and see a non-threatening flop (all low cards) then you can push hard there and drive out possible overcard hands.

Your only other option, IMO, is to push preflop, but I wouldn't do this very often, and again, depending on the stage or the tourney.

Welcome!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Of course, the question is asked because I went in too strong and came up against KK.)

[/ QUOTE ]

stick around, you might learn something here.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:19 PM

I intend to [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
In a feeble attempt to redeem myself, I will just say that I didn't push until I saw the flop which was all rags. But I did reraise him strongly preflop which I am now quite confident was a mistake.