Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: NLHE Tourney in S.E. MA Feb. 19th if interested...

way too long lol...get back at me in about 5 years
Old 02-21-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
SlowPlay was actually ready to take it home with 3 left, 2 being big stacks (of which he was 1) and 1 small stack. Unfortunately, he was drawn out (some say "hoovered") by the other big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah - story of my life. Regardless, an excellent tournament all-in-all, well run, good group of guys. I recommend anyone else in the area who can make this tournament do so next time - I will definitely be there again.

And, I did not realize Ghazban was there? Darn.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:45 AM

I wasn't in the tourney for long-- managed to get myself sucked out on in the first orbit for the majority of my chips then openpushed K3s in the SB and ran into AKo in the BB to finish me off.

The dealer's choice sidegame was very juicy, though-- ended up making my tournament entry +$40 back in 3 hours before I left.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:58 AM

Do you know who I was? I can't picture which one you were. I do vaguely recall the first two guys out, but I know one of them had a full house than ran into another full house, so you must have been the other one then?

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't in the tourney for long-- managed to get myself sucked out on in the first orbit for the majority of my chips then openpushed K3s in the SB and ran into AKo in the BB to finish me off.

The dealer's choice sidegame was very juicy, though-- ended up making my tournament entry +$40 back in 3 hours before I left.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2005, 11:06 AM

No, I don't know who you are. I wasn't the first one out, but I was crippled early and wasn't able to mount a comeback with the cards and situations I was getting. I was probably about the 10th one out or so-- I believe it was right after the 5-minute break (the first, if there were more than one) that I took a stand and got knocked out.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:25 AM

Oh well - I'll catch you next time.

Which reminds me, I saw a guy at the $1/$2 table at Foxwoods yesterday...I knew I recognized his from somewhere, I just assumed it was Foxwoods. But turns out he recognized me from the Plainville tourney - didn't catch his name though. Small (poker) world.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:31 AM

I play the 1/2 NL game at Foxwoods almost every weekend (though not this past one); I've probably seen you there and didn't even know it.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play the 1/2 NL game at Foxwoods almost every weekend (though not this past one); I've probably seen you there and didn't even know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

HIGHLY probable.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: NLHE Tourney in S.E. MA Feb. 19th if interested...

I hit the rail third out, for a spectacular time on table of what, 20 minutes? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The dealer's choice game was where it's at, holy smokes action central. Players not knowing how to declare, not knowing games your granny and papa could whip you in back in their kitchen. I won more than my tournament fee plus some. Unfortunately it started to break up when the guys were tapped out.

It was a great time.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]