Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-03-2004, 12:45 PM

Default Re: 3 hands for your consideration.

The first two hands are easy pushes.

Hand 1- People are playing tight on the bubble, its folded to you in the CO and you have an above average hand. Unless you're extremely concerned about making the money I don't see how you can pass this up.

Hand 2- Even if he has been playing tight, he's likely to be making that play with a huge range of hands, most of which you dominate, you're only in trouble against AK, AA, KK and QQ. You're already in the money, and the payouts are flat until you make the final table anyways, this is a nice chance to double up.

Hand 3 I fold, I hate raising UTG without a monster hand, there's just too many people to get through.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:33 PM

KJo vs loose BB - Push. We don't just want to make the money here with no chips, we want a stack that will take us further.

AQs vs tight all-in - Fold. He may be getting cold-decked and is pushing in desperately, but it's more likely that he's got a hand that beats you more often than not. I don't want to risk my tournament by being the second on all-in into a pot pre-flop in this situation.

KQo UTG - Push. Tight table and you're looking at a 25% increase in your stack. It's worth the risk.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:40 PM

I don’t think any of these are no brainers.

Hand 1: Push. KJ has good equity vs. random hand. Chances of getting a hand as good as this in next 5 hands is about even money, and I think it’s worth trying to play for big money more than trying to squeak in. What might swing it is if there is a tight player whose blind you can likely steal in the next 2-3 hands.

Hand 2: Call,but depends on rest of table. If he’s fairly tight, give him top 15% of hands (33+, A8+, A4s+, KQs+), and you’re a slight favorite 1.3 to 1 vs. that range. So calling can’t be wrong. But if you feel you can steal 1+time per orbit or there are some bad players left who might still pay you off, or structure is particularly topheavy then patience and survival might be even higher EV from stealing

Hand 3: Push this on tight table. This is heavily dependent on folding equity. Figure they’ll call only with top 10% of hands here (AA-55, AK-AT, KQ), so with 7 others to act the table will fold around 50% of the time, and you have decent prospects as a 40% favorite when you are called . So its slightly EV- to push, but going thru the blinds leaves you only 4xBB, which is the danger zone to not having any folding equity at all, and forces you to push sometime in the next 7 or so hands anyway.

--Greg
Old 09-03-2004, 05:19 PM

Hand 1 Push

Hand 2--Fold. I never like to call an all in with AQ or AK. I like to bet all in with those hands, but calling puts you in a coin flip too often with no folding equity.

Hand 3 Dont remember the situation. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2004, 05:46 PM

Fold. I never like to call an all in with AQ or AK

never should never be used in poker
Old 09-03-2004, 05:51 PM

agreed.

As for the hands:
#1 push, you dont have enough chips to wait here.
#2 matters how tight he is and how good your read is, but my chips beat him in moe times than not.
#3 this one is really close, but I prolly push here if the table is as tight as you say it is.