Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: 2/4 KK faces a tough flop decision

Oh boy...

Well, if you are really worried about Mr. Nitty, then the call on the flop is reasonable. I guess. I mean, this is not what I would call a dangerous board with Kings, though it can certainly get dangerous without a nice raise to 80. I guess you wanted to keep the pot small against Mr. Nitty, so, fine. Or maybe you wanted to attack when a ragged turn came up, see if the BB tries to set a trap with AQ. Fine. I'm not a fan, but fine, fine.

Your biggest problem with this is that you are getting so little information about BB, and to some extent, Nitty.

On the turn, it's like "YIPES!," whatcha doing here Cochese? You have to bet out on the turn. I mean, like, $100. I doubt highly that anyone here is going to check with the flush. If Mr. Nitty has something big, you'll know right now because he's tight and is super afraid of someone hitting a full house on the river. If BB hit his flush, he's reasonable, so he's making some kind of bet to keep you away from the FH. Naturally, if either had a set, they are betting out. Time to finish things up.

$40 is a very squeamish bet, one that shouts that he is worried about the flush draw. Boy does it look like he has KA. Call.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 2/4 KK faces a tough flop decision

YIKES, ICEMAN, YIKES YIKES YIKES. Iceman - look at that board. He "probably" has QJ and is bad enough to call? Yeah, but is he really bad enough to check QJ down on the flop and turn???? No, no, no, no, no! BB's biggest problem here is that he didn't bet out on the turn, giving both players a free draw for the flush. He went from making a nice continuation bet to [censored] this entire hand up. His river bet is soooo squeamish, but he's calling whatever you put out there.

Hero played the river just fine. He was too conservative throughout the hand, but at least he was consistent in his discipline.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Results

If you're raising this flop you should be looking to push on a blank.