Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-16-2005, 04:12 PM

Default $15/$30 QQ online

I'm in the middle of a 300 BB downswing and situations like this seems to be coming up all the time and I never really know what to do. No real reads on anyone except for UTG + 1, who plays as high as $50/$100 and plays very aggressively both preflop and postflop. Full $15/$30 game

Preflop: UTG limps, UTG + 1 limps, small blind completes, I raise out of the BB with QQ, everyone calls.

Flop: Td 9d 8c. Small blind bets, I raise, UTG cold calls, UTG + 1 3 bets, everyone calls.

Turn: Ts. Checked around.

River: 8s. Checked to me. Action?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: $15/$30 QQ online

Well, i'd play this hand a lot differently, starting on the turn.

What did you put UTG+1 on. Without knowing his VPIP its tough to put him on a range here, but i would probably lead the turn. I can understand wanting to check, but if you do get raised you have outs, and i'd hate to give a gutshot a free look here.

Given that you checked, and so did everybody else, the river seems like an easy value bet.

lf
Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 PM

check...
Old 12-16-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check...

[/ QUOTE ]

Either your kidding or I suck at poker. There's no way anybody behind him with a monster checks the turn, and there's no way the SB checks the river after whiffing on the turn if he has a monster.

I bet the river 100% of the time expecting to get called from all sorts of crappy 2 pair hands and maybe even A high.

lf
Old 12-16-2005, 10:49 PM

i agree the river is a super easy value bet.

but i would probably check the turn like op. it sucks to get raised here and pay 2bb for a gutterball. all 3 players are marked with top pair or a draw.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:29 AM

I'd put UTG+1 on J9 or JK , why would he slowplay the turn w/ the obvious straight draw if he had any hand at all? I don't put him on a flush draw because all the obvious suited hands that he'd play up front form straight draws and overcards and would be an easy 3 bet on the flop for an aggressive player like himself unless he played an Ace rag suited, certainly not a big ace because he woulda raised. The small blind doesn't have a ten or any other monster after checking twice. Being a real aggro player I doubt he limps w/ AA and KK since he'll get the action due to his aggressive image. You gotta bet this river for value everytime. My guess for small blind's hand is 89. Making perfect sense for completing and to why he slowed down on the turn and river after 3 betting the flop. Another possibility could be a hand like 8d7d.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:42 AM

Default results

Yeah I was shocked this turn got checked through. And disgusted too obviously. Although I wouldn't have really known what to do if UTG + 1 bet the turn and bet the river also....

Anyway I bet the river. UTG and UTG + 1 mucked, SB called with J9s.

I guess my next question would be is this a call down if anyone continued to fire at this pot?
Old 12-17-2005, 10:24 AM

1) Do you have the Qd

2) given that read on UTG+1, I think you can cap this flop. Even if he's got a set, you've got 4 clean outs. Most likely he's got a hand like JT, J9, or some type of draw. He's not likely to havee a strait b/c you've got 2 Qs in your hand and he didnt limp w/56. After capping the flop I bet the turn. If raised I'll call and check fold the river UI, check call if the river is a J and check raise if the river is a Q