Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: AK oop vs TAG; turn plan?

We really, really don't mind if KQ takes a free card on the turn or bluffs at us.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:15 AM

OK then, If we check and call a turn bet then what do we do on the river. Do we check call UI.

I still think that is a bet/fold.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:19 AM

See Stellar Wind's post. It explains things better than I could.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:36 AM

This may be FPS talking here so let me know if I'm being an idiot.

What is TAG just calling here with? If he's got a flush draw or even a pair with one overcard he would normally raise here. However, if he knows that you may defend against the free card then he might not. If he's got two overcards + bd draw he's got odds to just call and I think that's probably more likely in this case. When the non heart hits I think I bet the turn as a semibluff here.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 AM

Im betting, I dont think he connected, and I think were betting for value, im folding to a raise, and i think hes acutally folding to our a bet a lot of the time unless hes AK as well... if he calls ,im checking river and reconsidering my line
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Very good explanation. One very stupid question though. What does float in this context mean?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:47 AM

I think a tag with a flush draw will cr this flop, it is likely he is peeling with overs or overs with a backdoor fl draw.

I would bet-fold this turn and ch fold river unimproved. I dont see many hands that he takes to river that we beat unimproved. If u check he might bluff but he might also get a free card or be able to value bet a small pp on turn and river.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:48 AM

24 vpip, u really think hes overcalling kx ax?? no way, or suited connector overcalling? seldomly, but I do like your analysis, and clearly a small pair is likely and bad for hero
Old 12-07-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im betting, I dont think he connected, and I think were betting for value, im folding to a raise, and i think hes acutally folding to our a bet a lot of the time unless hes AK as well... if he calls ,im checking river and reconsidering my line

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a number of problems with this. Firstly, if we know he's 24/17, he probably knows we're TAG as well. We've shown a good amount of strength in this hand. Stellarwind pretty much went over all this, but basically you're wrong that villain didn't connect. Either he connected in a small way, or he has a big draw that he wants to hit before he goes to war with hero. If you bet the turn and get raised, you're somtimes going to be folding incorrectly and you really don't want that. If you check and he bets, you're basically never folding incorrectly. If you're going to bet bet, c/f, then he's going to pick up on that and take a lot of pots away from you. If you play that LAG you have to get to showdown more or you'll get killed. Give yourself a cheaper way out here.