Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-25-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Thoughts on this final hand? <cross-posted>

&lt;cross-posted from HU/shorthanded&gt;

HU w/ me and LAG. Down from 3 tables.

Setup:
I have 45K to his 100K. Blinds are 5k/10k and I am SB(button).

About 3-4 hands earlier, I caught him pushing and called with Qc7c vs. his 56o. That had pulled me to almost even, then it got back to stacks listed above.

Anyway, I'm dealt 89o and decide to raise it up to 20k. He looks down at cards and goes all in. I think for 4 seconds and call. Calc has me at 35%/65%.

Any comments, good or bad, are appreciated. Thanks. Results in white below.

--&gt; <font color="white">His ATs improves to 2 pair.</font>
Old 11-25-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on this final hand? <cross-posted>

I'd just try to take a flop with 98o, why are you putting half your chips in with it?
Old 11-25-2005, 11:47 AM

i don't think you can raise half your stack here with an M of 3. i don't think there's anything that i would limp with either. i'd push or fold everything here.... heavy on the push. 89o seems good enough to me. it'd be better to have at least one paint card in your hand, but at this point you really have no time to wait. make him decide if he wants to see 5 cards with you, not just see a flop for 20% of his stack.

you need to double up. if he calls with one over card you can feel pretty good about the situation. he happened to have a real hand thisi time. that's just the way its goes.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think you can raise half your stack here with an M of 3. i don't think there's anything that i would limp with either. i'd push or fold everything here.... heavy on the push. 89o seems good enough to me. it'd be better to have at least one paint card in your hand, but at this point you really have no time to wait. make him decide if he wants to see 5 cards with you, not just see a flop for 20% of his stack.

you need to double up. if he calls with one over card you can feel pretty good about the situation. he happened to have a real hand thisi time. that's just the way its goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to as well. I was raising with the full intention of calling a push if that happened. Still, I should've just pushed. I was putting no pressure on his stack.