Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-22-2005, 03:53 PM

Default AC trip report

Last Wednesday I took a spur of the moment trip to AC. Left around 8pm, arriving at the Borgata at 11. Get sat immediately in a 1-2 NL game. Please do not ask me about playing this low, I went broke and I dont want to talk about it.

Immediately upon sitting down, I witness an interesting hand. Player A is to my left and has about $500, and player B is at the other end of the table with $600. Player A calls a raise from a blind preflop and the flop comes K Q 7 with 2 diamonds. Player A check/calls about $20. The turn is a brick, and player A checks to B, who bets $50. Player A now goes all-in, and player B instantly calls about $420 more, proudly tabling A J of diamonds for high card ace. The river bricks off and he loses to KQ. Following this hand, he tried to explain that he "had to call because of the pot odds." Anyway, the great part is than he started going all in for his remaining $100 EVERY SINGLE HAND. For about an orbit nobody calls him, but I finally pick up QQ and bust him.

The next few hours are pretty uneventful, but then things pick up when two huge black guys arrive and both sit down at our shorthanded table. The one sitting next to me immediately hands me some type of promotional flyer for a party he is apparently hosting the following night at a bar in AC. He proceeds to explain that there will be plenty of cheap, attractive prostitutes as well as easy access to narcotics. I tell him I am not really into that, but he insists that I take the flyer. This guy burns through his first buy-in within ten minutes when he bluffs every street (including about $200 on the river) with six-high. His opponent had AK for nut no pair, which set the guy off. "YOU CALL THAT BET WITH NO PAIR! SHIIT NI**A!" Now the floor is called and the guy is warned that such language is not tolerated at the borgata blah blah, he gets a warning.

A few hands later I limp with 44 and the flop comes Q 7 4 all hearts. I check it to Mr. party promoter and he bets two dollars (we both have about 400). A bunch of calls and I make it 20. Now he makes it 50. I have no idea what this means but I want to see the turn before I put all my money in. Turn is A of hearts putting a 4-flush up. I check call 50 bucks. The river is a 4 giving me quadzilla, and I go all-in. He calls, and upon seeing my hand displays the K of hearts to the table before throwing it at the dealer and hitting her in the face. This sets off the dealer, and a yelling match ensues.

Dealer : "Floor! This guy just hit me in the face with a card!"
Player: "Man that is bullsh*t! F*ck this bi*ch I didn't throw sh*t!"
...after some negotiating the guy gets to stay somehow, probably because nobody at the table would rat him out.

After burning through another buy in the guy and his friend went to play blackjack and I went home. Made about $500, and of course the game was insanely soft. Hope to return soon, although the drive from DC is kind of long.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: AC trip report

I can't believe the floor didn't throw this a$#hole out on his ass. There is no way this guy should of been able to stay.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:12 PM

It's possible that they knew the guy and wanted to keep him around.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:14 AM

What bar was the party at? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 06:46 AM

I'd be willing to put up with a little poor behavior from someone who plays so badly. Plus where I live, a lot of people call each other Nigga. It doesn't seem to have much to do with one's race anymore.