Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Play this hand with me

Because I need help.

$11 tourney on Party, around 700 left from the original 2200. I haven't played too many hands as I have been fairly card dead in the tourney - however, I have managed to catch some monster pots and showdown serious winners. Best hand I've actually had is JJ. But I've shown that, an 88 that caught a full house, and a few other random hands that hit well.

I can't get a good handle on the table leader to my left. He's not totally clueless, I can tell that much. I don't think he's a fantastic player, though. I've seen him bet at a flop, get called, and then check/fold the turn.

The blinds in this hand are both very tight.

So, with the fact that I've shown down nothing but winners and haven't played a hand in 2-3 orbits, I get KTo in MP..

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB (t5055)
BB (t2840)
UTG (t2145)
UTG+1 (t2840)
UTG+2 (t2030)
MP1 (t680)
Hero (t3330)
MP3 (t5460)
CO (t935)
Button (t5015)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...</font>
Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Play this hand with me

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
...folds?

I'm going to sound like a nit here, but playing this with 22 BB, even from quasi-LP, is a good way to get yourself in some trouble.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:05 AM

i might occasionaly raise this to 450, but i think it's a bit early for that. the blinds mean less, and you're more likely to get called bya dominating hand.

edit: so.. fold is probably best.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 AM

Yeah, I think it's best to fold, even though you haven't seen any cards for a while you're really not under pressure to make a big move yet...wait for a real hand...the hand isnt good enough to play when someone raises or reraises you