Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please)

i hate CB in this spot, especially for 1/2 pot, you are going to get called by a lot, and a lot of the time and you have basically only 6 outs to improve

also when he leads into you on the turn, he probably has 77-JJ, and i doubt he will fold an overpair to a raise

he definitely doesnt put you on a 4

but really this is a marginal situation that is easily avoided by not CB-ing this flop with button still to act against 3 other players
Old 11-17-2005, 05:20 PM

If he really is weak postflop, then I assume this is a bad spot to bluff. A turn raise from a OOP player usually means bad news. If you c/r, will he actually lay down a hand?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:08 PM

*Only goes to showdown around 20% or so. So somewhat weak postflop.*

What is a strong postflop showdown %?

Wish I had something to say about whether you should bluff the turn but I'm really unsure.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 PM

You bet the flop into three opponents. He still wants to put $100 (or more) in the pot. King high no good. Next hand.

Next time just check the flop. Someone has a pocket pair and they aren't folding it, especially to that crap bet. Building a bigger pot to steal with nothing is major chip spewing.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:46 PM

Continuation bet is bad. That size CB is worse.

You made a point of saying that hes weak post flop because he gets to showdown 20%. I disagree that this means hes weak, but if you think it makes him weak, then thats all the more reason to fold.

How often do YOU get to showdown?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:28 PM

no, you should fold
Old 11-17-2005, 08:40 PM

What would you do with an overpair here? How about a set? I thnk you'd be calling here. A raise reeks badly in this spot.

I don't think there's any hand you would raise with here EXCEPT a bluff and the straight - and if villian is thinking they will know this.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you do with an overpair here? How about a set? I thnk you'd be calling here. A raise reeks badly in this spot.

I don't think there's any hand you would raise with here EXCEPT a bluff and the straight - and if villian is thinking they will know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is his hand range

[/ QUOTE ]

You say he's TAG, but with a VPIP of 33 I think he can have a suited connector, since button is in.

So, he can have some draws (76, 75, 87, 77) some kind of strong hands (56, 53, set, 88-JJ) and some 4's (44, 34, 54, 64) so I fold

A bluff from him seems unlikely
Old 11-18-2005, 12:13 AM

Well I guess it's unanimous. No one likes the CB. No one likes the size of the CB. No one likes to bluff the turn. I'm not sure if I should bother trying to justify any of this hand then. Maybe I should just realize the whole thing is bad. Anyways, I pushed and he folded. Pretty sure he had a small overpair. It just SCREAMED to me that he was leading and folding to a raise with his bet size and the fact that he led out instead of waiting for me to commit myself and then check/raising. I figured that he would check/raise a set or a straight. Or if he decided to bet, he would bet more and hope I called with an overpair. It just seemed SO obvious that he was thinking "I might be good, but I don't want to commit myself so I'll bet only 75 into the 130 pot and fold if he pushes." So I pushed. And he folded.