Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Scott McClellan

Barto, I've noticed that you like 'respond' to Bush criticism with a criticism of Clinton. Now, for someone like me that didn't particularly care for Clinton, what would you say? Your pot shots at Clinton do nothing to defend Bush.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barto, I've noticed that you like 'respond' to Bush criticism with a criticism of Clinton. Now, for someone like me that didn't particularly care for Clinton, what would you say? Your pot shots at Clinton do nothing to defend Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean, what would he say? He'd say the same thing!!!! It's not as if there are actually any defenses on the merits for the Bush administration that Barto is ignoring while indulging his Ahab-like obsession with Clinton.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not about Clinton. All administrations spin. All press secretaries play loose with the facts. These guys are not under oath.

The problem is tht after about 3 years into a Presidency, people forget the last one (and all the previous ones) and they suddenly focus all criticism on the current administration, sounding as if no previous administration ever had flaws. Spin is the Press Secretary's job in part.

My real point is: Why do we care if Scott lies and deceives? Is this news? Only to the non-observant. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that his job is hard given the current circumstances

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an enormous understatement. With what he is given, I don't know how someone could be good at this job. I'm surprised he isn't bald yet.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:38 AM

I was making a more general comment, not just on press secretary dissembling. I've seen you do it before. It was easy for people to counter the general statement of "Clinton is a lousy president" without saying "Well so was George H.W. Bush"
Old 10-14-2005, 03:02 PM

Just to clarify, the point of my post was not that he is a liar, of course he is. That is what press secretaries do. Its that he is a horrible spinner- its obvious that he has a small group of phrases/talking points in his head and is unable to think on his feet in any meaningful way.

Example- Fleisher was great at lying/spinning regarding budget projections when the bush tax cuts were being pushed through. McClellan just seems to make the administration look worse by saying the same 5 phrases over and over.