Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-05-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: KQo preflop conundrum (sp?)

[ QUOTE ]
Fold no question. Don't think I would have been in there to begin with, kq off, utg + 1 !!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in an extraordinarily tough game would I consider folding KQo preflop in early position. In all other games this hand will show a profit, I'm going in and I'm going in for a raise.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a twenty forty player? Would you say you were the best player in that game? Could you expand on this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha, very nice.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you a twenty forty player? Would you say you were the best player in that game? Could you expand on this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha, very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the comment was taking a shot at me seeming like i was "bragging" about looking for a 20/40 game, its absurd. I was just giving background information, and included the tidbit because it might have affected my decision making.

I have no need to brag about the limits I play, I personally don't feel the need for anybody here to admire how high or how well I play, to assume so and clog a strategy board with such a useless post, is disappointing to say the least.

lf
Old 10-05-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold no question. Don't think I would have been in there to begin with, kq off, utg + 1 !!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in an extraordinarily tough game would I consider folding KQo preflop in early position. In all other games this hand will show a profit, I'm going in and I'm going in for a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you really need to stop givng me layups. this one just wouldnt even be fair [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was hoping no one flamed him for this before I had read it because I wanted to be the first.

I bet that he brought this up at the table a minumum of 3 times.

To the OP: This was a useless comment that has no bearing whatsoever on the hand in question.

Concerning the hand in question: Good fold. I am opening this for a raise in the game you described, and in most games. However, if the game is a crazy maniac game I might muck it preflop depending on my image and the other players. When it comes back to me I am folding.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually was hoping no one flamed him for this before I had read it because I wanted to be the first.

I bet that he brought this up at the table a minumum of 3 times.

To the OP: This was a useless comment that has no bearing whatsoever on the hand in question.

Concerning the hand in question: Good fold. I am opening this for a raise in the game you described, and in most games. However, if the game is a crazy maniac game I might muck it preflop depending on my image and the other players. When it comes back to me I am folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe those of you that mostly play online or who live in parts of the country/world aren't familiar showing up intending play one game, and find with misfortune that sed game isn't going. Sometimes it alters your level of thinking when you play in a game a little smaller than what you are used to, or then what you were expecting. I thought it might be useful in the decision making process. All of these players know I usually play in the 20/40 game, not the 10/20, and my image in their eyes is adjusted accordingly. I felt this might add even more justification to the fold decision preflop, as they think higher of my raising standards based on the game I usually play.

This isn't a 100 table card room, ever body knows everybody, I thought it might be pertinent...obviously i'm the only one that thinks so.

sorry for not making the OP more clear.

lf
Old 10-06-2005, 07:21 PM

I definately fold given your description of your opponents. I play it exactly the same way.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:28 PM

Although in that cardroom, if I knew you were a 20-40 regular, and didn't know anything else about you, I would probably assume you were a worse player, or at least more crazy/maniacal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That's the average 20/40 player rep I think. Come to think of it, if I thought my opponents thought this of me, that might swing it to a call, but given the cap by the weak tight player probably not enough.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:57 PM

Standard