Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-04-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Some of my thoughts

I figured the call preflop was standard, glad to hear that others agree. I thought about raising the flop, but his VPIP/AF factor was so high that I was worried about him 3betting me with a worse hand, and i'm not good at handling those situations.

On the turn my goal was to raise for a free showdown. His 3bet seemed a little fishy, and potentially a little weak, so I capped (really hoping he'd fold...he didn't cooperate).

The river was interesting. I figured after he called the cap on the turn but didn't lead the river that he probably had 1 pair, and I was hoping that his turn plan was to fold unimproved, so I bet as a bluff. That was probably wishful thinking on my part, but for those of you that are unsure of the river bet, I wasn't wanting to get called.

Any other comments?

lf
Old 10-05-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Some of my thoughts

[ QUOTE ]

The river was interesting. I figured after he called the cap on the turn but didn't lead the river that he probably had 1 pair, and I was hoping that his turn plan was to fold unimproved, so I bet as a bluff. That was probably wishful thinking on my part, but for those of you that are unsure of the river bet, I wasn't wanting to get called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Put yourself in his shoes. If he has a pair, then it's almost certainly some Q or AA/KK. Would you check-fold those hands heads up on that board for one river bet?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Some of my thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Put yourself in his shoes. If he has a pair, then it's almost certainly some Q or AA/KK. Would you check-fold those hands heads up on that board for one river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats an excellent question, and the answer for me is probably not. Because I would call, however, doesn't mean that I should call. He did, however, and showed me QJo...nh

lf